Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Knowing Myself (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75441)

BornPower 04-21-2009 03:36 PM

Knowing Myself
 
Are we truly lost as a people? I see so much injustice around me. I say little and even fewer will take the time to listen. Life was not meant to be difficult or hard/harsh. The whole reason life is so fucked up is because we make it that way! History has many examples of a utopian-like society that was destroyed due to our unbalanced choices.
Do we know who we are anymore? So many of us identify ourselves with colors or aspects of a particular culture that we forget that life is all of these and none. "I hate you because you look different" or "I hate you because you don't agree with me". How idiotic is all of this?
I am no different. I am learning to see the truth of matters, though.

Foundations must be laid before a structure is placed atop it.

KNOWLEDGE

WISDOM

UNDERSTANDING

CULTURE

POWER

EQUALITY

PERFECTION

BUILD AND DESTROY

BE/BORN

CIPHER

let us begin with these.

build

Shadowthrone 04-21-2009 03:58 PM

humans are imperfect i guess. We've overcome natural balance, we have no natural predators but each other, and no balance mentally/ spritually, yet. Right now we're like a cancer to this planet.

unless the majority of collective consciousness changes we're stuck like this for a while. things are changing though. maybe soon.

BornPower 04-23-2009 02:38 PM

my whole thing is, it seems that we are just waiting for things to change instead of changing them ourselves! it only takes thirty percent of any population (sometimes less) to change the system currently in power.
Why put off for tomorrow what can be done today?

Urban_Journalz 04-23-2009 03:56 PM

"The Man is the offspring of the weak. Like the lamb is the offspring of the sheep."-Vinnie Paz

That's how I feel.

Mankind, though created weak, can attain astronomical heights and beyond. People are afraid of change though, so most of us never really reflect our predecessors.

Koolish 04-24-2009 04:36 PM

from the beginning of civilization, the majority of the population has been fucked up and seem to seek ignorance's bliss.

if enough of the population who isn't like that gets motivated, change comes.

Visionz 04-24-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .5KutSkeleton (Post 1554705)
my whole thing is, it seems that we are just waiting for things to change instead of changing them ourselves! it only takes thirty percent of any population (sometimes less) to change the system currently in power.
Why put off for tomorrow what can be done today?

think about that though 30% when dealing with popluation is a pretty big number

there's what 6.5 billion people globally?

30% of that is around 2 billion people needing to know what time it is.

ouch

SG 04-28-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .5KutSkeleton (Post 1552885)
Are we truly lost as a people? I see so much injustice around me. I say little and even fewer will take the time to listen. Life was not meant to be difficult or hard/harsh. The whole reason life is so fucked up is because we make it that way! History has many examples of a utopian-like society that was destroyed due to our unbalanced choices.
Do we know who we are anymore? So many of us identify ourselves with colors or aspects of a particular culture that we forget that life is all of these and none. "I hate you because you look different" or "I hate you because you don't agree with me". How idiotic is all of this?
I am no different. I am learning to see the truth of matters, though.

Foundations must be laid before a structure is placed atop it.



build

This is not a question:
Knowing self instantly...Is this done by comparison(on the spot), memory(reflecting) or collection of tools (teachings)

I feel privileged to be welcomed into certain enviroments (I'm not talking being too good for my own skin)

I'm talking about how balance has entered my life...the disturbing part is seeing others not knowing themselves

ChristO 05-01-2009 10:03 PM

...yeah, knowledge of self, k.o.s., is on my side.
...won, wise, company, corners, money, sex, seal, body, piece/peace, atone...

BornPower 05-04-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SG (Post 1558946)
I'm talking about how balance has entered my life...the disturbing part is seeing others not knowing themselves

some of us do consciously seek balance. we are sensitive to the underpinning energies that move this physical realm and take action to correct the stream of our conciousness.
The problem is when others seek to disturb the cipher with the "bliss of ignorance" (<<great turn of phrase there!).

Ignorance has become the new ideal and the masses glorify negative qualities in others and themselves. THIS DISTURBS ME GREATLY.

Seeing as ones present are seeking (something) in their lives, what can we do to influence others positively in our ciphers?

DrunkenMasta303 05-04-2009 01:24 PM

just go into the mountains and start meditating!

SG 05-10-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .5KutSkeleton (Post 1564057)
some of us do consciously seek balance. we are sensitive to the underpinning energies that move this physical realm and take action to correct the stream of our conciousness.
The problem is when others seek to disturb the cipher with the "bliss of ignorance" (<<great turn of phrase there!).

Ignorance has become the new ideal and the masses glorify negative qualities in others and themselves. THIS DISTURBS ME GREATLY.

Seeing as ones present are seeking (something) in their lives, what can we do to influence others positively in our ciphers?

One has to identify what takes away negative energy and know what builds positive energy.

To be honest, to bring someone in a cipher is negative (not all the time). For the simple fact of knowledge (competition)

BornPower 05-10-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SG (Post 1568971)
To be honest, to bring someone in a cipher is negative (not all the time). For the simple fact of knowledge (competition)

how is bringing another into the cipher a bad thing? by the time one reaches the point where they are knowledgeable enough to bring another into the divine circle of conciousness correcting self and others should be a normal thing.

You make competition sound like a bad thing! Part of our problem in hip hop (I feel) is the lack of genuine competition. Battles are not about rapping skill, but charisma (usually...look at the BET champ! He couldn't mess with any of the Wu-alikes). The American Idol mindset has invaded our measuring system. There is no way a 50 can compete lyrically with a GZA, but some defend these examples of our culture.
The judges have been bought, gentlemen.
Let the so-called rappers of today be allowed to truly compete, with SKILL being what they are judged by and let's see how competition will bolster our culture.

ChristO 05-10-2009 09:38 PM

alright, competition...uh, building or damage is/damages done...

Kong 05-11-2009 04:45 AM

live your life and you will learn who you are. fuck the world.

SG 05-11-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .5KutSkeleton (Post 1569438)
how is bringing another into the cipher a bad thing? by the time one reaches the point where they are knowledgeable enough to bring another into the divine circle of conciousness correcting self and others should be a normal thing.

You make competition sound like a bad thing! Part of our problem in hip hop (I feel) is the lack of genuine competition. Battles are not about rapping skill, but charisma (usually...look at the BET champ! He couldn't mess with any of the Wu-alikes). The American Idol mindset has invaded our measuring system. There is no way a 50 can compete lyrically with a GZA, but some defend these examples of our culture.
The judges have been bought, gentlemen.
Let the so-called rappers of today be allowed to truly compete, with SKILL being what they are judged by and let's see how competition will bolster our culture.

Some feel "threaten" by an individuals knowledge

Some may notice the course of action/performance change


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one