Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   RZA and scoring. (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756)

truth0ne 06-15-2005 02:17 PM

RZA and scoring.

The Corp had been offline before "Blade: Trinity" dropped and during the "Unleashed" promo...

What is the Wu-supporters' consensus on his work for these films?

What is the opinion so far on the original pieces he's composed?
Composition and placement in the film... etc...

Would you like to hear that sound in any future album projects?

What about a compilation of all film work?

SPEAK.

deadlymelody 06-15-2005 03:06 PM

Re: RZA and scoring.

He did a good job. I'm happy that he did these things to get his name out there. On the Unleashed trailer, you see his name on the end. So I think this did a lot of promotion for him. For future projects I don't want any new sound, I wanna hear that classic wu sound that's been missing the past few years.

Bloo 06-15-2005 03:08 PM

I personally think it's tight. I'm glad he's getting his name on all these projects cause before then people either didn't know about him or thought that he was washed up.

It just goes to show that there's still a huge market for the RZA's sound and that he's versatile enough to sound good no matter what kind of music it is.

I know I was going crazy in the theater when I went to see Blade. Everytime a track of his came on I was shouting Wu-Tang!! Probably scared all the white folks but it's all good, they knew what was up

Analyze 06-15-2005 03:55 PM

Blade was decent and I havent seen Unleashed. Nothing is gonna top Bill V1. Thats like his Link album.

Wu Forever

Soulless 06-15-2005 04:37 PM

Fatal and Thirsty are pretty amazing. Not so much the rapping mind you, but the beats are superb considering they were both made from scratch.

Lesbian Nun 06-15-2005 05:32 PM

Rza according to Huslter Magazine used to have contests with ODB to see who could score the most...prolly white chicks...and rza says his most ever in one month was prolly 26 or so, and odb's was like 44...anyone else ever read that issure? it's fuckin old...from around christmas time with sandy westgate on the cover...

Wallabee_God 06-15-2005 06:10 PM

Fatal is a great track, it's good to see RZA get to do the music in Blade, it just shows he's still got it and should carry on doin his thing

Ink Is My Drink 06-15-2005 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadlymelody
He did a good job. I'm happy that he did these things to get his name out there. On the Unleashed trailer, you see his name on the end. So I think this did a lot of promotion for him. For future projects I don't want any new sound, I wanna hear that classic wu sound that's been missing the past few years.

word!

Queen Bee 06-15-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lesbian Nun
Rza according to Huslter Magazine used to have contests with ODB to see who could score the most...prolly white chicks...and rza says his most ever in one month was prolly 26 or so, and odb's was like 44...anyone else ever read that issure? it's fuckin old...from around christmas time with sandy westgate on the cover...

HAHA...

This is sad....

But Funny.

truth0ne 06-15-2005 09:01 PM

Personally, out of all of the scoring work, I'm digging "Thirsty", "Baby Boy" and the "Chamber of Fear" commercial.

As far as recent beats go, I'm feeling the hell out of "When the Guns Come Out" and "Unleash Me". They both have that West Coast bounce that's been missing for a while... The sound tailor made for ChristBearer to rip.

Some cat told me that RZA was doing some production on the low for a couple of other projects over the years... under different names or uncredited and shit. Stackin chips on the hush...

Smart move if it's true.