Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Sports Zone (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ali Iz not the greatest (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828)

triggahappy187 06-16-2005 12:00 PM

Ali Iz not the greatest

Ali Iz not the greatest of all time in boxin lil niggas on the street sayin Ali is the greatest an theyve never even witnessed em fight. I think a prime Louis woulda KO'ed Ali or even a prime Marciano. If your also a fan of boxin go 2 www.ootpdevelopments.com an download the demo of the game they put out its pretty sick

Definitive X 06-16-2005 12:27 PM

Re: Ali Iz not the greatest

Shut the fuck up, you onion-head bastard!

Liquidswordsman 06-16-2005 01:06 PM

Ali is the greatest because of what he did for this sport and for our nation

stayshigh 06-16-2005 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidswordsman
Ali is the greatest because of what he did for this sport and for our nation

True, but you should knowledge Jack Johnson, he was the blue print.

100pr00f 06-16-2005 01:21 PM

ali had the fastest hand speed in boxing..now i would say roy jones does.......

but ali is the greatest boxer of all time..in every fight his face would never show a mark

Liquidswordsman 06-16-2005 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stayshigh
True, but you should knowledge Jack Johnson, he was the blue print.

I agree with that fact, but Ali was born in a different era where he could be a bigger inpact than jack. Jack was the knig back then, i really like his sportscars, its a shamed he died the way he did

TonyStarks29 06-16-2005 02:22 PM

Cassius Clay changed boxing from a brute sport to one of finess and grace.

36chambers 06-16-2005 02:27 PM

I like how when Ali was in the ring he'd tell u hes gunna kick the shit out of u ;)

TUCO 06-16-2005 02:57 PM

Ali is without a doubt the greatest
Rocky Marciano was of course legendary but again the era in which these boxers boxed in always comes to question.....as mentioned before, Ali gave the sport finesse and style and further exposed the sport as the celebrity filled pop culture phenomena it is today
so when u put that AND his track record....Ali is just simply the greatest
same reason is brought up with Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods
in other words.....they changed and revolutionized theyre sports
plus they were just THAT good

peace

ARCHRIVAL 06-16-2005 03:33 PM

i think it is hard to name the greatest in the sport of boxing, seeing as how anyone can land one lucky punch and KO a champ

Da Ryda 06-16-2005 10:13 PM

Agreed. Jordan may not be officially the best baller but he changed the way people thought of bball and that alone is a big enough achievement. Same thing with Woods (his record is not the best in golf, contrary to belief, but yeah he still has time) comparison.

Tyson in his prime would probably knock out Ali though... hehe. Ali is a geniunely likeable guy. Not many champs would give up their belt for their beliefs and ideals. And of course his trash talking always makes me laugh

Prince Rai 06-17-2005 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggahappy187
Ali Iz not the greatest of all time in boxin lil niggas on the street sayin Ali is the greatest an theyve never even witnessed em fight. I think a prime Louis woulda KO'ed Ali or even a prime Marciano. If your also a fan of boxin go 2 www.ootpdevelopments.com an download the demo of the game they put out its pretty sick

ALI took on all opposition, even if he lost, he came back. he was a strong fighter, a fast fighter and a fighter outside the ring as well. he stood for justice, and equality.

have u ever witnessed him fight??? he had brains also

Definitive X 06-17-2005 11:14 AM

Ali took on opposition inside and outside of the ring, he was the first boxer to take on the gov't., first athlete for that matter...

jR_killa 06-19-2005 05:51 PM

If you wanna talk about the greatest, you gotta mention Tyson, before all of his problems, he was one of the best fighters ever, power, hand speed, and tremendous technical ability, his first year pro he went 15-0 with 15 knockout's, I think 13 or so of them where in the first two rounds, If it was Ali vs. Tyson, both in their prime, I think Tyson would take it.

Peace

whitey 06-19-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100pr00f
ali had the fastest hand speed in boxing..now i would say roy jones does.......

but ali is the greatest boxer of all time..in every fight his face would never show a mark

if you're talking more recently how fast roy jones was then yea he was fast as fuck. but how fast roy jones is, dude wouldnt be getting put on his ass if he still is.