Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Horror Movie Genre Is Dead (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8296)

KIND 09-20-2005 11:35 PM

The Horror Movie Genre Is Dead

A yo lets be honest. The horror genre has died
In the last 10 years (1995-2005) how many dope horror flicks have u seen?

The Blair Witch Project 1 - was the last horror flick to break new ground

Final Destination 1 - had an original concept

Other then those 2, has there really been anything good or original in recent years?

It looks like the horror genre has gone to pastor just like the western genre.

I could be wrong (even though I'm not), so holla back & let me know whats been good in horror genre in the last decade.

Peace

TheCat 09-21-2005 08:45 AM

Re: The Horror Movie Genre Is Dead

even though it wasnt original

i did love THE DECENT. its the only movie that made me jump also, for a monster movie it was very good, i hate all zombie monster films, but the decent was done very well.

chiba 09-21-2005 07:15 PM

check out horror movies from asia those are freaky
i find that the USA is starting to remake japanese korean and chinese horror films into english
(the grudge, ring, etc)

i like land of the dead and dawn of the dead
i dunno if consider that horror
i usually call it zombie movie

peace

Icurus 09-22-2005 02:55 AM

Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 are all you need trust me. Not scary but just fucking awesome. The first one is a little scary

Os3y3ris 09-22-2005 02:58 AM

High Tension, Saw, Gozu, Audition

num2son 09-22-2005 09:19 AM

The Ring and The Grudge

And anything with will smith in it. LOL.

urban_angel 09-22-2005 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by num2son
The Ring and The Grudge

And anything with will smith in it. LOL.

haha! aww, will smith!

yeh I heard the originals of both them movies were better. tbh, I didnt think that the grudge was scary, but the ring was a good film, was funny when she came out of the tv at the end! hahaha!

Ink Is My Drink 09-22-2005 12:16 PM

blair witch was well good

final destination was somthin diff

dawn of the dead remake was pretty good (original way betta!!!)

an i got hopes for land of the dead (seeing that sat in cinema yeh it only jus came out ova hear!!!)

but yeh apart frm that horror is basicly dead

Skellington 09-22-2005 12:32 PM

Haven't seen much good horror movies recently (not from Hollywood), they don't make them like back in the TCSM era.

Special effects have screwed up LOTS of movies, not only Horror. I did like "The Grudge" alot, espescially the original "Ju-On"
But that's a different genre of horror.

I think the only person who can actually bring back the good ol' horror back to life in hollywood must be Tarantino, I can't wait for "Grind House", a horror movie of him a,d Rodriguez.

I must admit that this year "Creep" was quite a good horror movie, hollywood needs to stop doing remakes or them childish teenage horrors like "Scream" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer", a good horror movie is in my opinion either a splatter movie,wich can be cruel and scary or just a scary ass flick like the grudge.

I don't wanna seea masked killer with a knife, we all saw Michael Myers ages ago...why come back with a masked killer like ghostface in scream?????

Shit is fucked up.

FakeAssGangsters 09-22-2005 01:03 PM

I watched a lot of horror movies when I was little, I think I saw them all.

AngelTheKiller 09-22-2005 04:00 PM

I didn't think the Blair Witch Project was scary. I though Final Destination was an excellent made movie, but I wouldn't consider it a horror movie.

What does everyone think of the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Hollow Dartz 09-22-2005 07:04 PM

i think alot of horror movies are tryna be funny at the same time

KIND 09-22-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09
Haven't seen much good horror movies recently (not from Hollywood), they don't make them like back in the TCSM era.

Special effects have screwed up LOTS of movies, not only Horror. I did like "The Grudge" alot, espescially the original "Ju-On"
But that's a different genre of horror.

I think the only person who can actually bring back the good ol' horror back to life in hollywood must be Tarantino, I can't wait for "Grind House", a horror movie of him a,d Rodriguez.

Yeah US Shit mainly Hollywood is just wack right now.
Stuck on stupid...Texas Chane Saw Massacre
How times are they gonna Remake That Shit already?
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com...herface/01.jpg

I didnt see the Grudge but I did wanna see Ju-On
Foreign Cinema has good horror
Grind House sounds like some Grandmasters fire

I liked Scream though, the 1st 2 or so were good after that I dont know

Kado 09-24-2005 05:47 PM

Ya damn right son..horror movies is wack nowadayz..Saw was raw as fuck but it was'nt scary knamean, da shit was ill to death tho....The Grudge- dat shit was wack as a muhfucka, some lil ass white kid running around the house wit his draws on n shit n daz the new jason? and the ring was aiight, i aint see part 2 tho i heard it was wack but ima still chek it out sooner or later

Unforgiven 09-25-2005 12:09 AM

I wouldnt consider Saw horror, its more of a thriller. I saw The Grudge the other day, it was alright, it was kinda trippy how you'd see whatever the fuck it is watching them then the person covers your view then you get another open view and its right in your fucking face...