Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   One must be able to think critically in this forum (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8319)

Prolifical ENG 09-21-2005 09:10 AM

One must be able to think critically in this forum

I have read posts in this forum for a while now. The reason why this forum failed in the past was some people could not think critically. This means reasoning for an opposing view, if your own position is worth holding, then the outcome is a better understanding of the issue. This is how everyone can gain more knowledge and understanding from a thread in this "Know The Ledge" forum.

Just coming into a thread and stating your opinion (and possibly quoting someone elses similar opinion), is weak and not worth reading and little knowledge and understading will be made. You should be able to reason to make your post stronger.

It is "critical" to think critically in this forum since many topics here have and likely always will be dealing with BELIEFS.

Any belief can be viewed as an investment of trust so once some beleifs are made, one will feel tied in or committed. People are naturally egocentric and naturally inclined to defend our values and postitions when they are threatened. When threads go through this pattern they are generally lost for which the thread turned to something it wasnt intended to do. Not every thread is meant for people to debate....although the easiest thing to do in this forum is to nitpick the fallacies someone else has posted

Some people need to learn how to back down from positions which they cannot defend and try to salvage their "investment". Instead, try looking at the opposing views. Even if an opposing view is strong, it may not actually change your current belief structure.

In short if you cant think critically and be able to reason, this forum may not be for you.

LHX 09-21-2005 09:15 AM

Re: One must be able to think critically in this forum

cooooooooooooooooooooo-sign

even tho i find idiots to be amusing sometimes

Soul Controller 09-21-2005 11:17 AM

100% truth

peace Prolific

THE W 09-21-2005 11:23 AM

agreed

Prince Rai 09-21-2005 01:18 PM

dats knowledge right there

peace

TeknicelStylez 09-21-2005 01:24 PM

Indeed thats why I'm just observing until I gather up my stack of reasearch, than I'm posting scientific information up here. I'm going to attempt an attack on string theory, and other formidable theories lingering in our scientific/mathmatical universe.

This should be a sticky. (suggestion)

Prince Rai 09-21-2005 01:29 PM

most definitely do.. ill be interested.. tho would everybody understand?

this should educate not polarize nahmean?

TeknicelStylez 09-21-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princerai
most definitely do.. ill be interested.. tho would everybody understand?

this should educate not polarize nahmean?

Of course I'ma break it down into english, although its never the same as explaining it using mathematics but you know we'll take it slow.

BlaK FuRYaN 09-21-2005 04:04 PM

I agree....runnin around in circles searching for corners with no solutions

Visionz 09-23-2005 05:56 AM

The world on the whole needs less ignorance. Does it seem to anyone else here that the entire world suffers from a short attention span? There's so much I want to do to go out and make a difference in the world but I feel like I have to take care of things on the homefront first. Between work to pay bills and school to educate myself, it doesn't leave me much time to be involved the way I would like to be in things like grassroot political movements etc. Sometimes I think society is set up this way to keep everybody distracted. A lack of focus directed at changing our current system can only be beneficial to the people that currently hold the power in this country, and evidently little help to anyone else.peace

LHX 09-23-2005 07:45 AM

ignorance is the only conspiracy

ignorance is the only disease

self vs. self

TeknicelStylez 09-23-2005 07:50 AM

You don't have to go out on big movement sprees, although it would be nice. Just educate yourself, and you'll inspire other people around you to do the same. Just by waking up those few people your making a difference, because in turn they will wake up people to, understand?

LHX 09-23-2005 08:08 AM

QUIP

the

QUantum Inseperability Principle

dont front

TeknicelStylez 09-23-2005 11:36 AM

LOL atoms are sexy, nothing turns me on like bonding particals and their relativity.

LHX 09-23-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeknicelStylez
LOL atoms are sexy, nothing turns me on like bonding particals and their relativity.

have you seen the centerfold in augusts 'subatomic particle of the month' pullout section?

hot shit