Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Digital Underground (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Silent Hill appreciation Thread (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8359)

Bloo 09-21-2005 06:29 PM

Silent Hill appreciation Thread

I'm starting this to sing the praises of the Silent Hill series. In my opinion they are the best in the Survival horror genre of games. Don't get me wrong, I love RE and have all of em, but when it comes to all out gore and that feeling of utter dispair, RE can't fux wit.

For all my headz out there that know what I'm talkin about, back me up.

Bloo 09-22-2005 08:11 AM

Re: Silent Hill appreciation Thread

So I guess I'm the only one down with Pyramid Head then huh?

MantiZ 09-22-2005 09:10 AM

nah you're not.
i love Silent hill with all my heart.
Too bad i was only able to play pt.1(PS) and pt.2(PC)
Starting frum pt3. my PC said "no muhfucka, you ain't havin tons of fun today cuz i'm too old for this"
that's the story.

What i love SH for is that you don't have any miniguns ur rocket launchers or any shht like that. Pure horror and feeling of being weak. Even tho all monsters are as slow as death from AIDS they scare the shit out of me.

Bloo 09-22-2005 12:43 PM

Cool, I knew I wasn't alone :)

Yeah man, I just got em all though the PS2 cause I know that my PC wouldn't run anything like it. Just the ammount of detail in the graphics really puts you in the middle of everything and the sounds effects are creepier than any horror movie I've seen in the last 5 years.

SH2 is my favorite. It was the first one I ever played and the story is deeper than most novels. I had to play through it 4 times before I understood what the fuck was going on. Even then I looked up a plot guide on the internet. And when I read that everything started to make sense.

Konami is the greatest when it comes to this. I know I'm definately gonna have to peep the movie when it comes out and get whatever system SH5 shows up on.

Luther Large 09-22-2005 12:59 PM

it would take to long for me to express my love for this game.......so i'll just say its 1 of the best

MantiZ 09-22-2005 02:41 PM

nuttin can compare with that sound of your pocket radio when monsters are near... you can't see them but you know they're near.

Btw i heard that while making SH3 Konami asked psychoterapists to describe what humans are more afraid of. so after upgradin my PC i'll def cop SH3.

and SH1 has best riddles ever made.

Maitreya 09-22-2005 02:55 PM

Ive only completed SH 3, but that was one creepy-ass game! I just started to play SH 1, and I have to play the hole serie man! Great game!

Luther Large 09-22-2005 06:21 PM

please can any1 help tell me what i do in silent hill 2...i get stuck in a dark room with a huge monster that drags a big metal club........but how do i beat him???????

its in the second building

its been long since i played so i cant describe it well.....but if any1 knows what i'm talking about please help me out

Bloo 09-22-2005 07:38 PM

You talkin to the masta here man!!

Anything about ANY SH game you need to know I can help you.

Is it when you're about to leave to Apartments and you get stuck in the room with Pyramid Head dragging that Giant Knife behind him?

Luther Large 09-22-2005 07:48 PM

^^^^yes i think thats it i neva got past that part so i dont know if you leave the apartments after it.......

but yes there is a pyramid head dragging a knife behind him..........can you tell me what i do??

Bloo 09-22-2005 08:01 PM

Got ya man.

What you wanna do is get in the farthest corner away from him (I start at the corner closest to the door) and just shoot, it'll sounds like the bullets are hitting metal but you are hitting him. Just keep that up until you hear the sirens, that's when PH will start to walk away.

Now if he's closing in on you, don't wait until he's right on you to move to another corner cause he can swing that knife out pretty far. And DO NOT get too close to him after he starts to walk away, he'll turn around and swing that knife overhead and slice you vertically in half. Instant death there.

Luther Large 09-22-2005 10:59 PM

i neva really took that aproach i thot the bullets didnt hurt him thanx for that.........

but i got 1 more question i think i ran out of bullets tryna fight him..........do i gotta save up extra bullets.......cuz i didnt have to many and ran out....i think....maybe i didnt ru out of ammo but thats what i remember.....so do i gotta save extra bullets?????

Bloo 09-22-2005 11:43 PM

Yeah, depending on the difficulty level it'll take more or less bullets to get him to go away. But you wanna have at least 30 to 40 bullets to do the job.

Luther Large 09-23-2005 09:15 AM

^^^thanx for that hook.......ima have to copp the game again(the 4th time)......people keep sellin it on me 4 an extra buck.......ima try it out tho appreciate it

Bloo 09-23-2005 05:36 PM

No prob man. SH2 is the best one so far. It's some deep shit