Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   For Sale and Trade (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Trading FAQ: Manditory Read (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84059)

Prolifical ENG 09-24-2009 09:23 AM

Trading FAQ: Manditory Read

*note, some parts of this FAQ and guidelines have been borrowed from other internet forums such as www.hardforums.com.

Q: What can I sell on these forums?

A: These forums were made from the decline in record units sold and the increasing sales in vinyl records. Therefore music CDs and Vinyl records are what this forum is created for. Since this is a Wu-Tang site, you can sell anything else Wu-Tang such as Wu-Wear and posters. On the other hand the subforum "Where can I find..." you can ask about anything.

Q: How does Wutang-corp protect forum members from scams and illegitimate traders?
A: Simply put, WTC does NOT offer any sort of protection, warranty, guarantee of any sort on the FS/T section of the forum. By participating in trading & selling, you accept all implied or explicit risks, and agree to not hold Wutang-corp or it's staff responsible for anything that may happen. With this said, WTC does "filter" each and every post that finds it's way into the FS/T section. Obviously, this is to filter out competition, but obvious scams are also stopped at this step.

Aside: Protecting yourself and your investment(s) starts with common sense, please adhere to the guidelines and tips presented shortly, and the risk of trading online will drop considerably.

Q: Can I auction my item, or link to an auction?

A: Auction posts are only allowed in the subforum. If you want to post a link for your auction for traffic, you can post it in the online auction subforum. We reserve the space for people wishing to sell for the wutang-corp community the primary forum.

Q: How can I protect myself from illegitimate traders and scammers?
Here are some tips to ensure your trades always (hopefully) go smoothly!

IMPORTANT! Exchange Personal Information IMPORTANT!

By trading online, you are assuming personal risk and loss of money and/or goods. To protect yourself, it is ALWAYS a good idea to exchange personal information. Personal information entails: REAL name, a home address, a HOME or WORK (land line) telephone number. Cell phone numbers are fine, but they are easily terminated. If you want further security, verify the telephone number by calling it, and cross reference the number and name on an online service such as http://www.switchboard.com Many people would deem this excessive, but if you are making a trade for multiple hundred dollar items, the long distance phone call and 5 minutes of your time is worth it. If you are buying 1 CD it may not be relatively a big deal.

Always use (when shipping) Delivery Confirmation of some sort. If you are the buyer, request (and be prepared to pay extra (typically under $1)) for Delivery Confirmation and/or Tracking information. This service protects both parties. If an item arrives, the buyer cannot claim it hasn't arrived, etc.

Keep proof of shipping until the deal is considered complete! Failure to do so can result in sticky situations. I consider a deal to be complete when both parties have received their "prizes" (be it cash, or merchandise) and both parties have agreed that everything is in order. Receiving monetary compensation would require checks clearing, e-checks clearing, cashing of said funds, etc. Receiving a record would entail a full inspection of merchandise, and agreement of it's condition.

If you have suspicions of a seller, contact a moderator or administrator.

In case there is a delay, or a lack of communication, do NOT jump to any conclusions (don't post a negative reference if your item is only a week late). E-mail the seller, or call the seller. You SHOULD have their personal information to get some clarification. It is important to communicate and be honest throughout a trade, but please realize people do have lives outside of Wu-Tang and this message board. Try to get in touch before going crazy.

If you feel that you’ve been scammed, you can file complaints about internet fraud directly with the FBI at their Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFFC) http://www.ic3.gov/. You can also go to www.usps.com and file a complaint for postal fraud, and most state Attorney Generals have an online internet fraud complaint form

Use Credit Card Paypal when possible: Many times, if you are scammed, you can recuperate much, if not all of your funds through either Paypal, or your Credit Card company. IF this is to happen, please search Paypal's site for proper procedure.

If Paypal, or CC Paypal is not an option, checks are another good way to trade. They can be traced if contact to the police needs to be made. Checks are NOT good for "instant" types of payment. Please make sure they clear first.

CHECK REFERENCES: I cannot stress this enough. We provide a sub-section of the FS/T subforum. Search this by clicking "Search" at the top bar of this page. Go to advanced search, and in the right pane, select the "References" section in the Search in Forum(s) pane. This will allow you to check any/all successful trades the user has completed in the past. Be careful when dealing with traders with a recent registration date, or low references. To be extra careful, also check the traders that have left references for the trader in question.

Do NOT ship first, or pay first unless the trader has plenty (I would start at 50+ posts since I deal a lot online. Often times, established traders with good feedback/standing can (and will!) ask new users to either ship first, or pay first. Reputation is everything in online trading, do not be surprised if someone with 50+ successful trades asks you to ship or pay first. This is common in online trading, and is a great way to build feedbacks. It is an "honor" system of sorts. You are not obligated to participate this way, but be warned, it is a common way for some to trade.

Keep a record of all correspondences between you and parties you are trading with. If you contact each other by PM or e-mail, save the messages until the trade is considered complete. This is common sense, and can be used to "prove" a case when necessary.

Q: Can I post a thread for EACH item I want to sell?

A: Sure, but please only keep ONE active thread open. Do NOT have multiple threads open simultaneously, you can just as easily sell 10 items in one thread instead of selling one item separately in 10 different threads. This helps us keep the FS/T section less cluttered, and prevents peoples threads from getting "bumped" too far down.

check two 09-24-2009 11:00 AM

So Wu tang related and non Wu Tang related cassette tapes are allowed to be sold also? In the past, once in a while when I had trouble selling some albums, I'd give them away for free through the hip hop section by making a thread. Should I continue doing that, or post a thread in this section? Thanks.

Prolifical ENG 09-24-2009 11:38 AM

you can do cassettes here but i assume it might be a rare thing. you can give away albums in the hip-hop section too.

pneumatic 09-24-2009 12:43 PM

Can posts be made that link to ebay auctions, but just not in this section?

Prolifical ENG 09-24-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pneumatic (Post 1696320)
Can posts be made that link to ebay auctions, but just not in this section?

e-bay is a sellers market. I want this place to be more for members. Thats why I want to limit the number of e-bay links here. Otherwise every seller will vamp through here using WTC for traffic to their auction.

Due to the creation of this forum, I am going to start cracking down on e-bay links in other forums.

THE MASON 09-24-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by check two (Post 1696234)
So Wu tang related and non Wu Tang related cassette tapes are allowed to be sold also? In the past, once in a while when I had trouble selling some albums, I'd give them away for free through the hip hop section by making a thread. Should I continue doing that, or post a thread in this section? Thanks.

Mad peace to Check Two, he sent me King Geedorah - Take Me To Your Leader

Thanks again, Check, dont forget about me next time lol

reptileskin 10-05-2009 06:15 PM

I have a bunch of books that I'd like to sell, that might be of interest for the people in the Know The Ledge forum. Is it allowed to sell books on here?

/RS

Prolifical ENG 10-05-2009 06:16 PM

sure

nonainfumma 12-12-2009 03:24 PM

Trading FAQ Manditory Read

i try to post racquets for sale such as yesterday but they necer show up on the board. i follow the guidelines. why is my stuff not posted? - at least there should be some explanation giving specific reasons in a communication/email sent to me.

check two 12-12-2009 05:06 PM

Tennis racquets?

enquids09 01-30-2010 04:16 AM

Trading FAQ Manditory Read

I thought I read through the rules fairly well but I cant see anything that explains why I am unable to edit my own posts. I used to be able to do this.