Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Graphics Corner (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   CS4 (mac) came in the mail today (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90645)

EAGLE EYE 02-03-2010 11:31 PM

CS4 (mac) came in the mail today
 
Here's some advice. If you ever do a cross platform "upgrade" which is all Adobe offers at this point since they stopped doing "direct cross-overs" then be prepared for weeks upon weeks of HELL over the phone.

They have a horrible reputation for customer service/sales regarding making what should be a non trivial request & purchase.



Besides that...


I just realized the standard version doesn't have the 3D tools like I had with CS3 extended (pc). Looking at amazon I noticed a big price gap. You pay like an extra $300 just for that feature. I don't really have a need for it but wanted to experiment in that area.

Is anyone aware if the 3D support exists as a plug-in I can later buy? Also has anyone tried Google Sketch up?



ps- most of you are probably running bootleg versions and the reason I have to pay out my pocket is because I use it in a work environment. Legal implications for running bootlegs in a corporate or even LLC structure are huge. Thats some advice to keep in mind if any of you pursue professional careers. Plus developers have families to feed.

SKAMPOE 02-04-2010 02:43 AM

true true

born invincible 02-10-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair (Post 1806995)
ps- most of you are probably running bootleg versions and the reason I have to pay out my pocket is because I use it in a work environment. Legal implications for running bootlegs in a corporate or even LLC structure are huge. Thats some advice to keep in mind if any of you pursue professional careers. Plus developers have families to feed.


question - if you are working or using the software in corporate environment, why are you paying out of pocket for it? if you doing work for a company it would seem they fork over the bread for the software.... :mmmyah:


i know if i was doing anything computer related at the office and my company tried to say i gotta pay for the software, then i just guess work wouldnt be gettin done. how does that work where you at? i am just curious!

Uncle Steezo 02-10-2010 10:35 PM

tbh ur best bet is to grab a bootleg copy of cinema4d if u wanna get all avatar with it.

EAGLE EYE 02-11-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born invincible (Post 1812873)

question - if you are working or using the software in corporate environment, why are you paying out of pocket for it? if you doing work for a company it would seem they fork over the bread for the software.... :mmmyah:


i know if i was doing anything computer related at the office and my company tried to say i gotta pay for the software, then i just guess work wouldnt be gettin done. how does that work where you at? i am just curious!

I wont be with them after this month, but yea it made me kind of angry the most they did when I first joined the company was front the money which I later paid back over the next 2 months through deduction of my pay check. (start ups have no excess $$$)

Although I was still interning at the time and getting paid which is pretty rare. So I guess the trade off was making a couple grand during my trial period. I also used a student discount @ the time.

Steak 02-11-2010 07:58 AM

couldent have you asked someone you know who had cs4 to burn it for you, thats what i done

EAGLE EYE 02-11-2010 01:35 PM

^

Running bootlegs in a company environment can potentially = massive lawsuits. Read my initial post.

Uncle Steezo 02-11-2010 04:14 PM

30 day trial for cinema. then bootleg it

born invincible 02-11-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair (Post 1812984)
I wont be with them after this month, but yea it made me kind of angry the most they did when I first joined the company was front the money which I later paid back over the next 2 months through deduction of my pay check. (start ups have no excess $$$)

Although I was still interning at the time and getting paid which is pretty rare. So I guess the trade off was making a couple grand during my trial period. I also used a student discount @ the time.



i see where you are coming from... it makes sense when you put it that way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one