Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The 82nd Academy Awards (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92202)

Kenny Powers 03-07-2010 07:26 PM

The 82nd Academy Awards

I don't really care about this but I finally saw hurt locker and am rooting for it to win some of the big awards. List of nominee's if you wanna keep up on it:

http://oscar.go.com/nominations/nominees

Buzk 03-07-2010 07:51 PM

watching it right now, I hate all this fashion and pop culture bullshit talk with so called "experts" on the red carpet, get to the point. anyways, I guess Avatar will be doing pretty well this year

Mcthuggin99 03-07-2010 08:17 PM

Christoph Waltz won best supporting actor for inglorious basterds but tarantino lost for best screenplay. i was hoping he'd win

Kenny Powers 03-07-2010 08:18 PM

I wasnt a huge fan of inglorious. It was entertaining and I liked the storyline but it just was way too long and had too much downtime in the middle

Buzk 03-07-2010 08:27 PM

^ye it was kinda slow paced, but some people like that and some dont, I for one love the movie.

Mcthuggin99 03-07-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzk (Post 1833195)
^ye it was kinda slow paced, but some people like that and some dont, I for one love the movie.

yeah me too

Kenny Powers 03-07-2010 09:00 PM

monique taking down best supporting actress for precious. Shes changing her image completely from token black whore comedian to an actual credible actress. Almost like Queen Latifa

Kenny Powers 03-07-2010 11:04 PM

the hurt locker ftw. i like it

Mcthuggin99 03-07-2010 11:04 PM

best director shoulda gone to Tarantino

Lex Lugor 03-07-2010 11:35 PM

how did precious do? do they mention foreign films?

Kenny Powers 03-08-2010 12:35 AM

yeah check the link.
The Secret in Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos), Argentina, Directed by Juan José Campanella won for foreign film

Ghost In The 'Lac 03-08-2010 03:36 AM

fucking krayzie that mownique won actress oscar. wow.

never seen hurt locker and I dont really want to I think it was clear to everyone outside of Hollywood Avatar was the best film of the year

Buzk 03-08-2010 03:49 AM

hurt locker deserved to win over avatar imo, at least for the category of best film.
I was happy to see Waltz get a prize for supporting act

Ghost In The 'Lac 03-08-2010 04:24 AM

if bullshit like LOTR can win best oscar its a joke that Avatar cant beat fucking "hurt locker"

People hatin on Avatar just because it cost alot of money. what sort of a reason is that not to like a film? its almost as if a film that cost that much to make can never win an oscar.

Fucking hurt locker gimme a break jesus christ. people look back in 10 years no one will give a crap about that film. Wheras Avatar is a landmark in cinematic greatness. I read the producer of Hurt Locker was sending all these emails out to the voters telling them to vote for his film because it cost so much less to make than Avatar. who cares. Avatar was a better film.

Crackhead Bob 03-08-2010 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ (Post 1833361)
fucking krayzie that mownique won actress oscar. wow.

never seen hurt locker and I dont really want to I think it was clear to everyone outside of Hollywood Avatar was the best film of the year

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ (Post 1833373)
if bullshit like LOTR can win best oscar its a joke that Avatar cant beat fucking "hurt locker"

People hatin on Avatar just because it cost alot of money. what sort of a reason is that not to like a film? its almost as if a film that cost that much to make can never win an oscar.

Fucking hurt locker gimme a break jesus christ. people look back in 10 years no one will give a crap about that film. Wheras Avatar is a landmark in cinematic greatness. I read the producer of Hurt Locker was sending all these emails out to the voters telling them to vote for his film because it cost so much less to make than Avatar. who cares. Avatar was a better film.

Can you believe this faggot?

I keep saying that Avatar is a blatant rip off of Dances with Wolves and a 400-million piece of shit and this loser keeps insisting it's the greatest thing of all time. What a homo.

Blue people lost. It's time to get over it.

Put the pom poms away...
:cheerlie: