Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Hot Tub Time Machine (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92522)

check two 03-15-2010 05:58 PM

Hot Tub Time Machine

This looks like it's going to be a classic. Any thoughts?

buckshotstheone 03-15-2010 08:44 PM

it's either gonna be the next iconic comedy movie of our time or it's gonna be pure garbage, nothing in between. i'm hoping it's a classic

check two 03-26-2010 06:31 PM

The Chicago Sun-Time's Roger Ebert gives the "Hot Tub" three stars out of four. Mr. Ebert remarks that the film isn't quite on the same level as "The Hangover," but it occupies "similar turf." Overall, he "wasn't disappointed." Michael Phillips at the Chicago Tribune had a similar reaction. Mr. Phillips gives the movie three stars out of four, and notes that "It's cruder than 'The Hangover.'" However, in Phillips' estimation, "It's also twice as clever." "At last, a fun, idiotic movie that lives up to its name," he writes. Lisa Schwarzbaum of Entertainment Weekly is also a fan. She gives the movie a "B," calling it a "fun dip into a pool of memories."

Jin10304 03-26-2010 11:42 PM

Movie was hilarious, worth the money, I was worried about it was gonna be 1 of those movies that isnt funny throughout the entire film and they already showed the best parts on the previews. They are FAR from the best

check two 04-04-2010 02:31 PM

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this movie in here. It's like the biggest comedy to come out in the past year.

whitey 04-05-2010 07:58 AM

this movie is off the chain hilarious.

Paranoid 04-10-2010 02:33 AM

I'm not expecting a classic based on commercials advertisements but I also don't really know much about the movie

I enjoyed Hangover but I didn't think it was as good as other recent comedies like Extract and Funny People

whitey 04-10-2010 08:28 AM

funny people sucked compared to hangover and this. maybe u just dont have the sense of humor for it.

beautifulrock 04-10-2010 08:31 AM

Funny People was a good movie. It wasn't hilarious. Don't say it sucked though, just because you're too stupid to figure it out.

Jin10304 04-10-2010 04:24 PM

It was a funny drama, but thats about it. Hot Tub isnt near that category, but DONT judge this film from the previews, believe me the actual movie is a lot better

oDoUoSoKo 04-11-2010 07:19 PM

hilarious...lots of LOL's...stop comparing it to hangover.

Paranoid 04-11-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey (Post 1861716)
funny people sucked compared to hangover and this. maybe u just dont have the sense of humor for it.

Or maybe I just have a different opinion then you. And I said I enjoyed Hangover numb nuts, but frankly I think its a little overrated.

Paranoid 04-11-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautifulrock (Post 1861721)
Funny People was a good movie. It wasn't hilarious. Don't say it sucked though, just because you're too stupid to figure it out.

agreed. I enjoyed the successful blend of comedy and drama. Also thought Sandler and Rogan were fantastic

BRONZBODY 04-12-2010 07:39 AM

HTTM was dope, took the old man to see it. he likes movies like that. hangover was good but like slick i fimd it to be a bit overrated as well. still good, but its not the animal house of this decade or anything.

i do need to watch funny people though. i saw a little bit of it.

whitey 04-12-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautifulrock (Post 1861721)

you cock blowing dust head i said it sucked COMPARED to those two movies. im talking about laughs. it being a comedy; a comedy is based on how much one laughs; and that one sucked compared to httm and hangover. i never said the fp sucked you faggot. get a life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 1863058)
Or maybe I just have a different opinion then you. And I said I enjoyed Hangover numb nuts, but frankly I think its a little overrated.

i never said you didnt.