Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Do other people even matter? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96141)

TheBoarzHeadBoy 06-03-2010 03:57 PM

Do other people even matter?

How much id does it take to kill the ego?

Face of the Golden Falcon 06-03-2010 09:26 PM

...the id can't kill the ego.

HETEPU

INF 06-04-2010 02:04 PM

he id is part of the id, ego, and super-ego, the three parts of the psychic apparatus in Freudian psychology (in English translations of Freud's work)

TheBoarzHeadBoy 06-04-2010 03:30 PM

yeah....

Id is your instict
Ego are your standards
Super Ego is your society's standards

So I'm saying from a philosophical stance how much reliance on instincts does it take to ignore everything you believe and everything you've been told?

At what point is murder justifiable or is it never justifiable or always a rationalization?

At what point do we say fuck it, It's me against the world and I'm the only person who matters?

At what point do we consider the possibility that other people aren't even real and that the only thing we know is what we know.

Is that insanity or some sort of enlightenment. It's like I interact with you but how do I know I'm not the only one typing? How do I know my mind isn't playing tricks on me.

It's like the matrix.... ooohhh matrix.

Teh KillaBee 06-04-2010 04:15 PM

2 kinds of people in this world. People I know and what I call 'other' people. I don't give a fuck about other people

TheBoarzHeadBoy 06-04-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh KillaBee (Post 1906844)
2 kinds of people in this world. People I know and what I call 'other' people. I don't give a fuck about other people

Exactly. In my humble opinion how do we know they even exist? Rumors of wars are not proof of wars.

THUGNIFICENT 06-04-2010 07:25 PM

Maybe I'm missing what you're saying, but is this the question: How do I know that anybody besides me is real? I think about that shit all the time, and maybe this is all just an elaborate and depressing fantasy that I've placed myself into. But I'm kinda high, so maybe I'm not getting your point, or maybe I'm making no fuckin sense.

INF 06-04-2010 08:22 PM

the same person made all of these replies.

we are all the same person

TheBoarzHeadBoy 06-05-2010 01:26 PM

Or you're all in my head, I'm in your head, and etc.

All thought in one truth?

Longbongcilvaringz 06-06-2010 02:29 PM

You can't prove anyone else exists, even people you love/like/know intimately.

You can go a way to proving that you exist because you are considering whether you exist ergo you must exist in some form.

LORD NOSE 06-06-2010 02:33 PM

Puzzle Pieces - will they ever connect to see the big picture ?

THE MASON 06-06-2010 03:03 PM

people exist as a reflection to what/how i think they should exist

THUGNIFICENT 06-06-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS (Post 1908111)
Puzzle Pieces - will they ever connect to see the big picture ?

..Go on, I'm listening.

Urban_Journalz 06-07-2010 12:33 PM

Wether other people matter depends entirely on them. Due to this fact, most people don't matter.

THUGNIFICENT 01-24-2011 08:19 PM

I gotta bring this bitch back from the grave.

The original post is the most interesting part of this conversation. We can never truly know anyone's existence save our own (unless some sort of Being John Malkovich situation somehow arises through technology), but how much do we have to really believe it to say "It's all an illusion so I might as well start merking bitches?" Cuz I can't conceive anything