Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   claaa7 presents "The Soul Of Dilla" (Vol. 2) + (Vol. 1 - Revisited) (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98603)

claaa7 08-10-2010 05:27 AM

claaa7 presents "The Soul Of Dilla" (Vol. 2) + (Vol. 1 - Revisited)

As many of y’all should know by know i’m a great fan of the work of the late great Jay Dilla, or Jay Dee or James Yancey as was his birth name. I hold him as one of the top producers of all time, as a hip-hop producer he’s more or less a god; he had his own unqiue style, the way he chopped samples until not even the artist themselves would’ve known they’d been samples; the special way he filtered samples to give them that warm, distorted sound found on songs like the beautiful “So Far to Go” to name just one. Then of course it was his immaculate drum work, I’m not sure if ANYONE made drums sound so good and natural with that heavy ‘umph’ sound always present wether he played them live or sampled. After his unfortunate passing in February 2006, 3 days from his 31st birthday his legacy has continued to grow and is today considered one of the true legends of the game.

Another side of Dilla that is not as often talked about however is how dope he was in creating all types of music. From underground backpackers wet dreams, to tastefully carrying on the legacy of one of rap’s finest, A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul with distorted boom-bap, to jazz music and crazy instrumental work that no one would dare rhyme over and a whole album of club bangers for homeboys Frank-N-Dank in 2002. There he made many heads scratch their head that the same guy who did “Running Away” with The Pharcyde released 12” singles like the heavy “Off Ya Chest/Take Dem Clothes Off”. A mixture of Dilla meets Neptunes meets Timbaland, and on top of that a bunch of the songs from the “48 HRS” album saw Dilla playing all the instruments himself.

Maybe the most overlooked part of Yancey’s discography however is probably all the R&B and soul songs he created throughout his career (and there is a lot). And this as well soon proved that this was a lane he was right at home with, crafting beautiful instrumentals that took soul music and incorporated them with a definite hip-hop vibe to them, even on the softest tracks he ever done you rarely doubt it’s a Jay Dee production you’re listening too. This is where we gonna start today, the smoother sound of Dilla or as I call it “The Soul Of Dilla”, very relaxing and beautiful tracks and remixes with sweet vocals from the likes of Lucy Pearl, Erykah Badu, Janet Jackson, Spacek, D’Angelo, Brand New Heavies, Dwéle, Amp Fiddler, Jamiroquai, Maxwell, Vinija Monica and a host of others. Strictly hip-hop fans don’t need no worry too much tho since there’s plenty of guest appearances on here; Slum Village, T3, Jay Dee himself, Q-Tip, Phife Dawg, AZ, Talib Kweli, Mos Def and a host of others all make apperances.
So at last before we get down to business, I just wanna say that some of y’all might remember that I posted “The Soul Of Dilla Vol. 1” several months ago but here the tracklisting is slightly different, I have managed to hunt down more or less ALL the songs from the original compilation in CDQ so I strongly suggest you grab both Volume 1 and Volume 2 of this underrated Jay Dilla work. I’ve been banging the first (new and improved) “Vol. 1” for months and although I haven’t properly dug into “Vol. 2” yet, the shit I heard has all been slamming and I a nice continuation off the first. Sorry for the long ass post haha, but I just popped some pills and me******e so my mind is running right now. Any feedback appreciated as this is one of my favorite compilations (and a 2xCD at that.)

TURN IT UP!

[links and tracklists appear in the post below]

claaa7 08-10-2010 05:28 AM

Various - 'The Soul Of Dilla' (Vol. 1)
http://www.blindiforthekids.com/wp-c...-dilla-rip.jpg

01. DJ Cam & Cameo - "Love Junkee [Remix]" (Ft. Jay Dee)
02. Erykah Badu - "Didn't Cha Know"
03. Innerzone Orchestra - "People Make The World Go 'Round [Remx]"
04. Bilal, Mos Def & Common - "Reminisce"
05. Brother JackMcDuff - "Oblighetto [Jay Dee Remix]"
06. D'Angelo - "Feel Like Makin' Love"
07. Spacek - "Dollar"
08. Macy Gray - "I Try [Jay Dee Remix]
09. Lucy Pearl - "Without Jay [Jay Dee Remix]"
10. Dwight Trible & The Life Force - "Antiquity"
11. Janet - "Got Til It's Gone" (Ft. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell)
12. Mint Condition - "Let Me Be The One" [Ummah Rmx #2] (Ft. Phife]
13. Something For The People - "Let Me Be The One"(Ft. Phife Dawg)
14. Amp Fiddler - "Waltz Of A Getto Fly"
15. Spacek - "Eve Part II (Ft. Frank-N-Dank)
16. Dwelé - "Keep On"

[links and tracklists for Volume II appear in the post below]

claaa7 08-10-2010 06:07 AM

Various - "The Soul Of Dilla (Vol. 2)
http://djmtwo.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jdilla.jpg
01. Amp Fiddler - "I Believe In You" [Jaylib Remix]
02. Vivian Green - "Fanatic" [Dilla Mix]
03. D'Angelo - "Me & Those Dreamin Eys... [Ummah Remox}
04. Jamiroquai - "Aerodynmic [Slum Village Remix]
05. Brand New Hevies - "Sometimes [The Ummah Mix]" (Ft. Q-Tip)
06. AZ - "When The Cheering Stops" (Ft. Zhané and some NFL players)
07. Nine Yards - "Always Find A Way (Remix)" (Ft. Jay Dee)
08. N'dea Davenport - "Bullshittin' [Ummah Remix]" (Ft. Mos Def)
09. Janet - "Got til' it's Gone [Jay Dee & The UmmAH'S Revenge]
10. Erykah Badu - "Cleva" (Single Version)
11. Toshi Kubota - "Nothing But Your Love"
12. Brand New HeaVies - "Saturday Night" (Ft. Mos Def)
13. Talib Kweli & RES - "Where Do We Go? (Dedication to Weldon Irvine)
14. Talib Kweli, Vinija Monica & Novel - "Stand to the Side"
15. Zoocoo - "Butterfly" (Ft. T3 of Slum Village)
16. Amp Fiddler - "You Played Me"

Mr. R&B 08-10-2010 08:40 AM

Dope shit, props.

I don't know if you saw my post in that other thread a couple weeks ago.

I mentioned that i think you should compile tracks produced by and/or featuring Mr. Porter (Denaun Porter A.K.A. Kon Artis of D12).

I kinda think he gets slept on as a producer and that would put more people up on game.

Just something to consider, but I for one would appreciate it greatly. :)

claaa7 08-10-2010 10:31 AM

^ yeah i actually answered you in that thread, and no sorry it ain't gonna happen. Mr. Portis is dope but he's not THAT dope for me spending hours and hours to collect his shit haha. remember that i do this for myself first and foremost. you should check out the "Diamond D: Dusty Fingers" compilation i put together a few weeks back if you wanna hear some real production on a whole nother level.

seriously tho, if you're that into Mr. Porter why don't you do a compilation and hunt down his songs? cuz trust me it's alot of hard work and i wouldn't do shit like that unless i really, really, really feel the artist... sorry but once again, you should do it.

THE MASON 08-10-2010 10:38 AM

thanks for this

again coming through with the dope materials, i realize you do this for yourself but some of us appreciate the hard work when you post this, cause you can find me in used stores, random bins, pawn shops, and garage sales diggin for albums, but i never liked to use internet for music that much.

anyways, it appreciated + reps

Sense-A 08-10-2010 11:06 AM

thanks for putting this together. Your introductory post got me amped to listen to this!

Mr. R&B 08-10-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claaa7 (Post 1945471)
^ yeah i actually answered you in that thread, and no sorry it ain't gonna happen. Mr. Portis is dope but he's not THAT dope for me spending hours and hours to collect his shit haha. remember that i do this for myself first and foremost. you should check out the "Diamond D: Dusty Fingers" compilation i put together a few weeks back if you wanna hear some real production on a whole nother level.

seriously tho, if you're that into Mr. Porter why don't you do a compilation and hunt down his songs? cuz trust me it's alot of hard work and i wouldn't do shit like that unless i really, really, really feel the artist... sorry but once again, you should do it.

If I had a better internet connection I would.

But I don't, so I can't.

When I fix that problem I will do it, I'm sure I'm not the only person who would enjoy it.

Wh0am3ye? 08-10-2010 07:00 PM

props..downloadin vol 1 now.

Wh0am3ye? 08-10-2010 07:01 PM

oh yeah and respect for usin MU...seems I got the fastest dl speeds on this host.

djskillz 08-10-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divine_Complex (Post 1945491)
If I had a better internet connection I would.

But I don't, so I can't.

When I fix that problem I will do it, I'm sure I'm not the only person who would enjoy it.

hell i wouldn't mind hearing that either. i might get around to doing it sometime in the near future.

food for thought 08-10-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claaa7 (Post 1945387)
Various - 'The Soul Of Dilla' (Vol. 1)
01. DJ Cam & Cameo - "Love Junkee [Remix]" (Ft. Jay Dee)
02. Erykah Badu - "Didn't Cha Know"
03. Innerzone Orchestra - "People Make The World Go 'Round [Remx]"
04. Bilal, Mos Def & Common - "Reminisce"
05. Brother JackMcDuff - "Oblighetto [Jay Dee Remix]"
06. D'Angelo - "Feel Like Makin' Love"
07. Spacek - "Dollar"
08. Macy Gray - "I Try [Jay Dee Remix]
09. Lucy Pearl - "Without Jay [Jay Dee Remix]"
10. Dwight Trible & The Life Force - "Antiquity"
11. Janet - "Got Til It's Gone" (Ft. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell)
12. Mint Condition - "Let Me Be The One" [Ummah Rmx #2] (Ft. Phife]
13. Something For The People - "Let Me Be The One"(Ft. Phife Dawg)
14. Amp Fiddler - "Waltz Of A Getto Fly"
15. Spacek - "Eve Part II (Ft. Frank-N-Dank)
16. Dwelé - "Keep On"

[links and tracklists for Volume II appear in the post below]

Quote:

Originally Posted by claaa7 (Post 1945396)
Various - "The Soul Of Dilla (Vol. 2)
01. Amp Fiddler - "I Believe In You" [Jaylib Remix]
02. Vivian Green - "Fanatic" [Dilla Mix]
03. D'Angelo - "Me & Those Dreamin Eys... [Ummah Remox}
04. Jamiroquai - "Aerodynmic [Slum Village Remix]
05. Brand New Hevies - "Sometimes [The Ummah Mix]" (Ft. Q-Tip)
06. AZ - "When The Cheering Stops" (Ft. Zhané and some NFL players)
07. Nine Yards - "Always Find A Way (Remix)" (Ft. Jay Dee)
08. Maxwell - "Ascenssion [Jay Dee Remix]"
09. Janet - "Got til' it's Gone [Jay Dee & The UmmAH'S Revenge]
10. Erykah Badu - "Cleva" (Single Version)
11. Toshi Kubota - "Nothing But Your Love"
12. Brand New HeaVies - "Saturday Night" (Ft. Mos Def)
13. Talib Kweli & RES - "Where Do We Go? (Dedication to Weldon Irvine)
14. Talib Kweli, Vinija Monica & Novel - "Stand to the Side"
15. Zoocoo - "Butterfly" (Ft. T3 of Slum Village)
16. Amp Fiddler - "You Played Me"

hahah niiice man i owe u bukou rep once again

when i saw the thread title i immediately thought of the Janet Jackson song and hoped you had it in here. sure enough you came through once again lol

that fucking beat is incredible i love that shit. i forgot about it 4 a while till just now lol. not a bad song either, janet came thru i dont even listen to her like that

Undiluted Karma 08-10-2010 08:02 PM

damn claa7 your dedication to posting interesting dl links is almost the same as rzas dedication to not releasing unreleased material

props

food for thought 08-10-2010 08:04 PM

btw, u gotta re-up the first link

shit is down on megaupload

claaa7 08-10-2010 08:41 PM

^ nah man, none of the links is down.. i just tried, sometimes MU says "the file is temperorary unavailable" which means you just have to wait a lil while.