View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 08:01 AM   #1771
TrueDciple
Veteran Member

TrueDciple crouching tiger

NEW YORK (AP)—Pat Riley can’t understand why Shaquille O’Neal keeps talking about the Miami Heat.
Riley responded to O’Neal’s criticisms Wednesday with some of his own, saying his former center was wrong to disparage some of his old teammates and trainers in a Boston Globe story.
“It’s sad that he says those things. We shared so much here, together, for three years, good and bad, 3 1/2 years,” Riley said, referring specifically to the Heat’s 2006 NBA title. “I just think it’s sad that he’s got to do that.”

After Phoenix’s loss to Boston, O’Neal elaborated, saying that defenses would sag off of Quinn and Davis and he wasn’t able to get the ball. Of Riley’s comments, O’Neal said colorfully, “I don’t (care) how he interpreted it.”
Reminded that reporters couldn’t use the quote because of the expletive, he said, “Sure you can. You can quote me, brother. You can put an ‘s,’ then the tic-tac-toe, the ‘at’ sign and then the other symbols.”

Riley also defended the work of veteran trainer Ron Culp and the team’s medical staff, saying O’Neal was out of line to speak poorly of them.
“It’s really a shame that he would insult those people like that because they gave him care. They cared,” Riley said. “They didn’t kiss his butt. They cared about him.
“He can do whatever he wants to do to me. That’s OK, I don’t care. But those men, they tried. … That upsets me more than anything.”

Im a fan of shaq but dude is so wrong on this one.
TrueDciple is offline   Reply With Quote