View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #45
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
I've been bumping this album non stop for the last week, I honestly can't get enough of this group. Each song has such an infectious vibe that I honestly can't say I dislike any track, it's certainly not one of those albums thats going to grab you instantly, it's an album that needs time to fully grow on you. When I first heard it I thought it was good but I wasn't amazed by it, but then I just started to play it again and as I got into it I began to see those qualities both in the lyrics and production that I just never caught the first few times.

The Wisemen are fully capable mc's managing to balance street parables with messages that never preach but is endearing to the listener. The production is borderline faultless and it actually amazes my how Bronze is not a hot commodity with his production work.

Im not even sure if this group are official killa bees or whether it's just Bronze but in anycase this group is certainly one to showcase the validity of the killa bee status and they are definately one of the best showcases for some of the best hip hop to come out of detroit.

Lyrics 4/5
Beats 5/5
Overall 4/5
word up, my friend...

next up is The Great Migration...i know you never let that joint sink in..it's quite possibly in my top 5 favorite albums of all time..

ALSO, just a note for anybody interested...When this album first dropped all the voting and discussion and shit was mainly going on in this thread: link..

so if you're interested in reading more about ppl's reactions u may wanna peep that...

(another note...i'm gonna resurrect the Wisemen Approaching Lyric Interpretation thread very soon cuz i've got a bunch of questions on it)