View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #24
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
Hmmm.. if you look at it that way you're probably right, they probably got the best known available actor who could pull it off.
On the other hand, would you do it any different? It will probably still sell better now.
But will it sell better?..let's take a look at his filmography for a minute, his most successfull film so far was him playing a gay cowboy, his other credits include a small indie flick (donnie darko) a psychological war drama (jar head) and a thriller (zodiac) his closest movie to match the demographic that POP is going to attract would have to be day after tommorow. When you actually look at that history none of those flicks say he has mass box office appeal, in fact POP from what I read is supposed to be his big budget breakout since he didn't get the role in spider-man.

Quote:
Historicaly it's obviously not right but in the movies it doesn't bother me if they haven't got the right skin color.
So you would be ok with a black man playing a chinese kung fu hero and a japanese guy playing an all american?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote