View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 03:33 AM   #6
Huggasaurus Sex
2000 B.C.

Huggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
#101 Buck 50 - Supreme Clientele - 279 pts.

I heard the corp is bout that, psychotherapy, we all buggin' where the couch at?

Wu til they bury me...

A last chance entry in the polls, the fans decided it was too good to be left off. What you essentially have here is a bass driven sample with overlapping bells/whistles and an occasional guitar riff, which is great, but not compared to the lyrics. Mef, Cappa, Redman, and Ghost destroy the track lyrically and many quotable lines are left to sift through. A favorite of mine is Red's "Your weed got more seeds than ODB, can't smoke wit cha HUUUUAAAAHH!!!" The ending hook, like so many designed on Mef based tracks is incredibly memorable and demands replays.

"The F'n Wu will open ya"

fav lines - "Tyco nightglow velvet pose, special effects
High-tech armors merc you at the shows
Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Dociousaliexpifragalisticcalisuper
Cancun, catch me in the room, eatin grouper.."

"Shoe fly shoo, Wally Don Clark crew
Fuck y'all wanna do? Crack a brew, smoke an L or two
And flip like (HUH)
Killin for the whole click is sick like (HUH)
You and your stank bitch eat a dick like (HUH)
Baby shake your shit, girl you're thick like (HUH)
Gettin rich like (HUH) Yeah.."

[/COLOR]

i feel a key moment in buck 50 is

"starks with the parcheesi face, measly pace
ol' face ghostface, jump out the window for a little taste
the droopy look, my main bitches call me lazy
educated birds say ghost you so crazy!
"

followed by... "there's no love to be found".

up until this point i felt like ghost had been a serious battle rapper but hadn't yet begun to truly open up and reveal his sense of humor. i think that line captures both the endearing arrogance and silliness which ghost would expand upon on later releases and as far as i know, it's the first example of it. nothing on forever, ironman, ob4cl, or 36 strike me as containing any light-hearted moments from ghost.

peace brock for this huge undertaking. look forward to seeing the rest.

more akbar

Last edited by Huggasaurus Sex; 06-02-2008 at 03:41 AM.