Thread: Black Hebrews
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #38
Trismegistos

Trismegistos shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuLatino- MANGANI View Post
-I took a ride through Alabama once (with a scared Somalian friend) and stopped at a restaraunt called "The Cotton Patch". He was afraid because they had a giant Confederate flag on the roof, and I told him they were not necessarily racist, rather the restaraunt was on the site of a Civil War battle. I convinced him to go in, and we walked in and were hit with- not racist stares- but what we perceived to be admiring gazes. The waitresses were fine as hell, and super nice to us. Funny thing is everyone was white RACE- but darker than both of us because they worked all day in the hot ass sun. Their skin looked tough and leathery... the younger waitresses' skin didn't look as tough but it was as dark. They would come to our table two at a time and one would talk while the other would just stare and smile at us. It seemed like the biggest even for them to have blacks come eat at their diner... maybe they had other thoughts... I don't know... but they treated us great. I will always remember their skin color, because it was the first time I had seen a white person darker than me...
So was the waitress working indoors or outdoors?

Also I'm not sure of your skin tone from your photo but where I'm from I've been to the outback in Australia and whilst the people are darker because of their suntan they are still not darker than the aboriginal people nor darker than my African-American friends that live in Australia. Also the Australian outback (desert) is about as harsh as any in the world.

Perth has a warmer climate than Alabama and yet they are not all darker than African-Americans from the North East of America.

Last edited by Trismegistos; 06-12-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Trismegistos is offline   Reply With Quote