Thread: Black Hebrews
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #41
WuLatino- MANGANI
Veteran Member

WuLatino- MANGANI crouching tigerWuLatino- MANGANI crouching tiger

"Your the one that classified African-Americans as a race. Go back and read my post and you'll notice that I didn't class African-American's as a race but as "God's chosen people". "

-When speaking of "peoples" as an ancestral line it is implied that you are referring to a race of peoples (when speaking scientifically, or religiously). Your implication that "African-Americans" are ancestors of "Ancient Hebrews" is an implication that "African-American" is a race, and/or a joint representative of "blacks". In context you are implying that African-American is synonymous with the black race. You are wrong in either case.

"And everyone is an "ancestor" of someone."

anĚcesĚtor (nsstr)
n.
1. A person from whom one is descended, especially if more remote than a grandparent; a forebear.
2. A forerunner or predecessor.
3. Law The person from whom an estate has been inherited.
4. Biology The actual or hypothetical organism or stock from which later kinds evolved.

-African-Americans are forebearers of other African-Americans, and are therefore not ancestors to any proceeding breed, stock, ethnicity, or culture. Neither are you... so not "everyone" is "ancestor of someone".

"Yet Deuteronomy 7:6 states "For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth"."

-Deuteronomy was written by a Hebrew for Hebrews. They were invading other lands, and the best way to justify political disenfranchisement, genocide, and invasion is through religion. Moses was an Egyptian of Hebrew decent- his story reflects his point of view, his struggles, and his justifications for his actions (or at least what was written and who wrote it).

"Again same as the first issue, I did not classify Jews as a race. I said the "current Jewish people". So your argument of Jews being comprised of all races, ethnicities and geographical descendants whilst true, is not valid in this argument."

-Again, in context you made that implication. This entire discussion is about race. Your reference to "Jewish people" when we are talking about Hebrews- which is a race and an ethnicity- is an implication that Jewish is synonymous with Hebrew. Again, you are wrong.

"I take this as your attempt to mock what you "think" is my image of god. Quite erroneous in nature and an attack that has no effect upon my belief structure. And this was definitely an attack."

[Originally Posted by WuLatino- MANGANI
-If God were a little boy with ignorant ideas, childish favoritisms, and humanisitic vanities then he would not be God.]

-I think it is pretty clear what I meant, and your implication that I was attacking you is ridiculous. I am attacking the belief system which attributes human qualities to a supreme being. You claim those are not your beliefs, yet without my referencing your beliefs you took offense. There is a saying in Spanish that says "if you pick at it, you are eating it"...

"I get the impression that Magani's God is one of omnipotence whilst mine is an ignorant, small child."

-I stated nothing of "omnipotence" or other scholarly attributed virtues which have no bearing in true religion. If your belief is that God is racist, ie. he shows favoritism toward a race, ethnicity, or group of people, then your belief is ignorant- not your god.

You know what... I'm tired of debating kids who believe whatever they read and don't apply any value to fact, logic, and science. Believe what you want...
WuLatino- MANGANI is offline   Reply With Quote