i still love h.e.r.
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: somewhere you are not
Rep Power: 27
Superman Batman-Generations Vol 2
The second series, rather than dealing with a decade jump between stories like the original, takes jumps of 11 years. Starting in 1942, each issue again tells two stories, ending in the year 2019 at the end of the fourth issue. While the first series focused on the Batman and Superman families, the second features other characters from the DC Universe, especially from the Justice Society and Justice League.
- 1942: Battlefields--Hawkman and the Blackhawks attempt to stop a giant Nazi robot. Green Lantern arrives to help, but exhausts his power ring saving Hawkman. The robot launches a rocket, which Blackhawk member Chuck stops at the cost of his life. Superman and the Spectre arrive, and make short work of the robot. Superman rips open the machine to reveal its operator, the Ultra-Humanite, who uses a chunk of kryptonite to hold off the Man of Steel and make his escape. Back in Gotham City, Lois Lane discovers that Lex Luthor developed the robot and sold the plans to the Nazis. She is captured and held captive with Robin, but the two are saved by Batman, disguised as one of Luthor's henchmen.
- 1953: Absent Friends---A long missing Commissioner Gordon collapses in the doorway of Wayne Manor. He tells Bruce he knows his secret identity, and warns him of a new threat--a mysterious criminal known as "The Head of the Demon". Meawhile, Wonder Girl (a mystical projection of Wonder Woman) flies to North Korea in search of Steve Trevor's downed plane, while the real Diana Prince Trevor goes into labor. Wonder Girl finds Trevor, but he dies en route to Paradise Island. At the same moment Diana gives birth to a baby girl, Lois Kent gives birth to her daughter, Kara Kent. Clark arrives late; as Superman, he had been stranded on a planet with a red sun until he manages to send a signal and attract the attention of Green Lantern Abin Sur.
- 1964: Children's Hour--Bruce Wayne Jr. is stopped by his mother from going out as Robin with Batman II, while Kara Kent tries on her Supergirl costume for the first time. She flies to Wayne Manor to see BJ, who is unhappy with his situation. Supergirl points out that he promised not be Robin with Batman; he didn't say anthing about Supergirl. The teens fly off and find Kid Flash, who is facing the Weather Wizard and the Mirror Master. When Kid Flash is knocked unconscious, Supergirl and Robin drop in and defeat the criminals, only to be knocked out by Gorilla Grodd. Meanwhile, Barry Allen calls Diana Trevor looking for Kid Flash. Diana's daughter Stevie decides to go looking for Wally as the new Wonder Girl. She is drawn to a warehouse in Central City, where Gorilla Grodd is preparing to transfer the teens' superpowers into his body. Supergirl, who had been playing possum, rips aparts the machines holding the teens, and the four young heroes subdue the criminals. Supergirl and Wonder Girl realize that they share a special bond due to being born at the same moment; the bond is what drew Wonder Girl to the right location. The teens decide to form a crime fighting team and, after rejecting the name "Junior Justice Society", decide to call themselves the Justice League.
- 1975: Troubled Souls---Batman III is summoned to Arkham Asylum, where he is told that the Joker is acting strangely. After reviewing the surveillance tapes from the Joker's room, Batman realizes that the Joker is being slowly killed by the ghost of Dick Grayson. With the help of Doctor Occult, Deadman, and the spirit of Alfred Pennyworth, Grayson's spirit is convinced not to murder the Joker, and goes into the light with Alfred. Bruce Wayne, in his Batman costume, visits the dying Joker, whose last request is to know the Batman's identity. Batman replies that, with all the pain the Joker has caused, he deserves nothing, and leaves. In a subplot, test pilot Hal Jordan barely survives the flight of an experimental rocket plane, and decides to retire and go into politics.
- 1986: To Hunt the Hunter---Superman tracks Luthor down to one of his hideouts, but discovers it is a computer simulation. The faux Luthor plays a hologram of Joel Kent killing Supergirl (from the first series) just to torment the Man of Steel. Meanwhile Wonder Woman II, Kid Flash II, and Green Lantern discuss Batman III. Since the death of Supergirl, Batman's actions have become increasingly violent and dangerous. The JLA reluctantly decide they have to stop Batman. The three heroes track down Batman and try to restrain him, but he manages to overpower them. While fighting, Batman becomes enraged and begins savagely beating a helpless Green Lantern. When Kid Flash screams that he is killing the Lantern, Batman snaps out of his rage and flees to his home. There, he collapses in front of his wife Mei-Lei, crying for help.
- 1997: Turning Points---Batman III, preparing to leave in search of Ra's al Ghul, tells his son Clark Wayne that he must be Batman now. Clark reveals that he known for some time he is adopted, and that only a true Wayne can be Batman. Clark instead takes the identity Knightwing. On patrol in the new Batmobile, Knightwing comes across a rampaging robot that had been used by the villain Ransak. Knightwing struggles with the robot, while Superman watches helplessly from the Phantom Zone. At the last minute, Superman manages to briefly appear before Ransak, causing a distraction that allows Knightwing to short out the robot. He finds a young girl, the daughter of the real Ransak, inside the suit. Meanwhile President Barbara Gordon and former President Hal Jordan meet to discuss a major threat. The renegade Green Lantern Sinestro has vowed to kill Jordan, who had turned down Alan Scott's offer to become Earth's new Green Lantern. Kid Flash II, Green Lantern Kyle Rayner, and Blackhawk try to stop Sinestro, but are unsuccessful. Kyle flees to the White House with Sinestro in hot pursuit. Sinestro arrives and blasts Scott, then prepares to kill Jordan. Jordan takes Kyle's ring and, reasoning that the ring's weaknesses are in the mind of the user, manages to defeat Sinestro. Jordan and his wife Carol Ferris are taken to Oa, where Jordan is once again offered the role of Green Lantern.
- 2008: This Ancient Evil---Knightwing faces a threat from the past, a robot with the brain of Lex Luthor. He manages to defeat Luthor with the aid of Cyborg, the fifth Flash, and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan, his youth restored by the power ring). Clark Wayne then leaves to marry Amanda Mason, the young girl that had once faced him as Ransak. Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne and Bruce Jr. visit the dying Mrs. Wayne in the hospital, where she tells them a secret (which is not revealed until Generations 3).
- 2019: Father to the Man---Batman and Knightwing arrive at the Fortress of Solitude, where Superman shows them the Chroniscope, a Kryptonian device that can view the past and future. Knightwing plays a message from Jonathan Kent recorded 99 years ago. Pa Kent tells how he had used the Chroniscope and had accidentally seen the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. As the Waynes were scheduled to visit the county seat that week, Pa Kent decides to warn the Waynes. Before this can happen, the Waynes are kidnapped by the Ultra-Humanite. Young Bruce Wayne escapes and, disguising himself with a fox head, helps Superboy stop the kidnappers. Kent then shows Thomas Wayne the Chroniscope. Several weeks later, Pa Kent is shocked to read that the Waynes were murdered. Using the Chroniscope, he learns that the Waynes decided not to change the future, as their death was responsible for creating the Batman. In 2019, Superman consoles a stunned Bruce Wayne with the knowledge that his parents realized they were creating a great force for good.
click the sig if you vatican status