View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #2523
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Detroit is getting old plain and simple. Their best years are behind them. They are a solid team but they never had that one true superstar that could take over a game like LeBron or Kobe. They play good team defense and offense, but individually they have a collection of very good players but none great.

That being said, I think the problem with Detroit last year and the year before has been they have no low post game whatsoever. Rasheed usually camps out behind the 3 point line and settles for jumpshots.
Their whole team is jumpshot orientated and, like Chicago, when they are on, they look great, but when they are off or just average, they looke either terrible or horriblely inconsistent.

They really blew it with the Milicic pick. They could have had Bosh, Anthony Wade, you name it.
They've added some youth, but their core is getting old and you can't expect their production to get better.

Plus now they have to deal with the superstars of the East like LeBron and Wade, and the three headed monster that is Boston.
They've shown they can't stop LeBron and struggle with the Cavs...they got handled by Boston.

I just think they are done. They will still make the playoffs and give teams a nice run but I don't think they are capable of winning a championship.