View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #26
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
Cacophony is dope btw.
seriously? i don't want to disrespect you or your opinion, but this is the type of 'vanity project' material that does not need to be supported. the art was amateurish trash, and kevin smith has to inject his humor and voice into characters and situations that don't require it...his joker in particular read wrong *some of his dialogue read as too frat boy comedy movie, and then him offering anal sex to onomatopeia for cash and his reference to killing batman in order to defile his corpse sexually...really? everytime the story actually begins to feel tense he ruins it ...the book was absolute shit. the fact that flanagan (one of smith's buddies) was able to get this assignment is nepotism at it's worst. buy the joker hardcover, or batman: the black glove, or all star batman hardcover if you need a dark knight fix; and that's just more recent stuff, there's about 100 hundred batman mini series and graphic novels that warrant your attention and scratch. and i don't hate smith i loved his daredevil run, and clerks but everything else leaves me cold. he has the same problem as joss whedon, all of his characters sound the same and he tries to make everything hip and self referential.

sorry to rant but i've seen this book given props on so many forums it drives me insane...this was not good on any level.

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 11-16-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote