View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #32
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

quote=Dusk;1387570]why and what dont u like about his origin?[/quote]

For one, it was written. This detracted from the character. Not knowing who or where he came from gave the character a dynamic that kept people guessing.

Then on his official Bio page, it states the different languages he spoke,

Quote:
Wolverine is fluent in many languages, including Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Lakota, and Spanish
Two of which are native languages....They have yet to reveal when and where he picked them up. There was his stint with silver fox a Blackfoot Indian. Which he could only relate to him learning one or the other which I demonstrate as follows:

IF they are referring to the Sishapa sub-division of the Lakota tribe, it would make sense, for the Lakota language at least.

or

IF they may be reffering to the:

Plains Algonquian Languages
Arapahoan Languages
Arapaho
Gros Ventre (Atsina)
Blackfoot (Siksika, Peigan, Blackfeet)
Cheyenne
It explains how he learns one and not the other. The Blackfoot tribe is a different tribe then the sub-division of the Lakota but they are NOT one in the same.

At any rate, it is possible that we could have learned them both from Silver fox, they never relate this in any of the stories. It's just known that he can speak these languages. Most of the other languages they have explained via training, adventures, and what not, and his time spent in madripoor. If anyone has any information on this please direct me to those comic issues, because I haven't read them yet, and I've read a lot of wolverine's.

Which gives urks me about his origin. There is a robust history that was going on during young "James Howelett's" life that they could have utilized for Wolverines origin, but they didn't. There were many places we could have picked up his base skill set, but what we end up with is a history that hardly describes who the character is or WAS before his origin was revealed.

I can build more on this in a little bit.

Last edited by WARPATH; 11-20-2008 at 12:39 PM.
WARPATH is offline   Reply With Quote