Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #3991
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
yea PSLs are bullshit too they dont promise you anything. My cousin goes to every game and had a PSL, but then they raised prices, kicked him out of his seat and put him in an endzone seat in section 500....thats foul, especially with the product they put on the field every year.

Thats why I refuse to pay money to enter a Browns game. I'll go if the ticket is free. The tailgating is the best part. Other than that is an ass raping.
daMN! that's real fucked up (to the point where it seems you could sue for breach of contract) You're supposed to have the rights to whatever seat you purchased FOREVER as long as you keep buying the season tickets (atleast as I understand it)

for those not in the know, I've got season tickets to the Texans but I had to go through Stubhub to get them because if you wanna buy season tickets from the Texans directly (and this is true for any team with PSL's for their seats) you have to buy the license for the seat first. It varies from stadium to stadium but here you're looking at spending about 10-12k A SEAT for a spot on the 50-yard line. It's a one time deal but you have to still purchase the season tickets every year to keep the license. You ever stop buying them and you loose your rights to the seat (and they sale it to someone else)

It's fuckin crazy cuz just for the price alone but damn near every seat in Reliant Stadium has a PSL attached to it so the ONLY season tickets you can buy without forking over a CRAZZZEEE amount of cash is way up in the HIGH 600's, I'm willing to bet a total of about 200-300 seats and that's it. And the Texans' PSL aren't even that high, the new stadium in New York have PSL's (or so I've read) that are gonna START at like 20 G's a pop. It's nuts and accomplishes two things, it squeezes your average joe types outta the stadium altogether replacing 'em with a bunch of rich stiffs that don't know you're SUPPOSED to be rowdy as hell when your team is on D, and second it guarentees they sale out (or damn near sale out) EVERY SINGLE GAME because no one is gonna stop buying season tickets and lose out on the 10K they spent just so they could have the seats in the first place.

They annouce a sell-out crowd at every game I've been to (5 so far) and each time the stadium is missing about 25% of the people but they've guarenteed for themselves that ever seat HAS been paid for.

Which is why Charles I say its getting harder and harder for regular fan's voice to be heard.

class dismissed

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote