View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #78
Sparrow Daene
PRODIGAL SUN

Sparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venoms

I don't know why people got mad at this album. It seemed people either loved it or didn't at all. I wish the Q-Tip track and "Watch Your Mouth" had made it. ("Starter" could have been left on the floor and Mathematics didn't HAVE to take it down South with that "Stick Me For My Riches" beat.) And "You Can't Stop Me Now" should have stayed on this album, instead of being the only decent track in a sea of wackness on Digi Snacks.

My only problem - I KNOW RZA had better shit lying around somewhere that is better than the beats for "Get Them Out Your Way Pa" and "Rushing Elephants". They weren't bad, just probably not 2 of the best beats he had come up with since the last time we'd heard from him.

I've noticed that The W, an album I absolutely hated when it came out, has really grown on me while Iron Flag has fallen out of my favor. I think that is their worst now.

You can't compare anything to 36 Chambers, of course, so it goes: Forever > 8 Diagrams > The W (minus "Conditioner) > Iron Flag
Sparrow Daene is offline   Reply With Quote