View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #20
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
It's basically in the same boat as IT Was Written, so that doesn't count.
I have to disagree. The fact that the Firm only had one release says it all. The Firm was a desperate attempt to be like Rae and Ghost who had made a mafia themed crew album with OB4CL. That the Firm more or less stopped after one album says it all regarding him jumping on that bandwagon. I can see why it may slightly overlap with ITW but ITW was a whole different bandwagon in itself where he just wanted to be popular more than be like any particular person.

But the big question I have is quite simple. If Nas is meant to be intelligent then why does he always go with the fad? If untitled was meant to be about the N word and the way white people are trying to stop black people becoming successful then why did he come up with such a generic response? Did he critique Barack Obama, did he even speak about a single policy of this black man that was running for president? No he didn't and instead he went to a rapper whose dick he still sucks even though he died over a decade ago and sampled a chorus 'even though it seems heaven sent we ain't ready to see a black president'.

When I first heard untitled I thought it was amazing but then listen by listen it just became as corny as lots of his recent work has been.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote