View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #39
Explizit Content

Explizit Content grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Explizit Content
Default Re: Athiest...where did everything come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK FuRYaN
SO IF MAN EVOLVED FROM MONKEY HOW COME MONKEYS AINT EVOLVING NOW...

YOU SHOULD AT LEAST SEE A MONKEY IN TRANSITION OR SOMETHING...
We didn't evolve from monkeys, that's a common misconception. Humans and chimps have a COMMON ANCESTOR. We are evolving. Evolution takes thousands to millions of years to visibly see a difference.

As far as my belief on where everything came from, I believe we have to look multi-demensional. Whoever or whatever created life isn't of this dimension and something that we can't even begin to fathom or comprehend. I don't believe the traditional "God" created life; but as I've stated in a previous post, I don't believe that life just spontaneously generated itself. The Big Bang, I definitely believe that, because if the universe is expanding, which it is, then there had to have been a force propelling that movement.

Do I believe in an afterlife? Not really, but it's a depressing thought for me since I was raised on the concept of heaven. However, the more I think about it, the more I can't believe. For one, does every single organism of bacteria go to heaven? I think it would be pretty humanistic of us to believe that only humans go to heaven, thus all living things would have to go also. And two with the possible infinite number of alien civilizations out in the universe, does that mean that they would also go to heaven?

Maybe the afterlife would be some sort of dream state, where you would see everything and feel everything like life only what you see would be a complete illusion...or possibly it already is?? Or maybe we'll go into the fourth demension where I believe time exists as a whole...Who knows.....

Just my thoughts, Peace!
Explizit Content is offline   Reply With Quote