View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #96
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post

I know how Europe does it, and how the US does it, but everyone from the US should just shut the fuck up when it comes to Europe. I guess some of y'all never heard The Streets, IAM and artists like that, because in Europe, dope motherfuckers like that ARE MAINSTREAM.

I say eat yourself alive.

Im sorry if i come off sounding like an ass hole but... i dont really care whats going on over in Europe. I dont give a shit whats being played on the radio over in Europe because to me, America is hip-hop. So when you say "at least we dont play Soulja boy on the radio" i got to laugh to my self cuz i just dont give a shit.

at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
Nas's 3 verses on this song, expekally the last verse, IS CHOC FULL OF CLASSIC LINES.

There are so many classic lines. And that to how Nas rides the kick drum, listen on the the 3rd v.
I think the first verse is the best because of "Deep like The Shinin', sparkle like a diamond/
Sneak a uzi on the island in my army jacket linin" hahaha DOPE

and also... "I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell
From the spliff that I lift and inhale, it ain't hard to tell"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
how is that real talk? that's some he say she say blasphemy right there.

I was disappointed when my humorous but classic RD thread was locked so whatever.

yall know deep down that Reasonable Doubt > Illmatic, kinda like how yall know deep down that Big L > Rakim but think Ra is the god mc when he's not. Big L is better than Rakim in every fucking way, kinda like RD > Illmatic. if Illmatic had 2 or 3 more tracks, it would be the perfect album - hell I'd be struck with enormous dillema if that was the case.

Illmatic had 9 songs, and it was 8/9 in terms of good tracks. I could never get into one time 4 your mind despite a few quotables.

RD was 13/14 with the tracks and although aint no nigga is the scapegoat I truly dont give a fuck - it was still hot.

13 classic tracks > 8 classic tracks.

yall are just too brainwashed by Nas saying "wanting to be on every last one of my classics." seriously get a grip.

the greatest intro to any album, EVER. this isnt even the album version though - its the demo version and since it sounds dope, imagine how much better he made the album version.

"jay-z's gonna stick your head up your asses faster than a rabbit gets fucked."
For the love of god, please shut the fuck up about Reasonable Doubt.

Like, we get it, you think its the best album ever made... we dont.

and comparing the two albums track-by-track is fucking retarded. to me, any track on illmatic >> any track on RD. Therefore, i dont give a shit if RD has 5 more tracks on it.

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote