Thread: Less than Zero
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #11
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Word up Pat. When I read LP I didn't know anything about it, and I thought the biographical part at the start was just straight fact, and that the following story was true...until a whole lot of inexplicable, paranormal shit started happening. So when I finished it I did a bit of research on it and found out it was entirely fictional and the other people in the story don't even exist. If I'd known that before I read the book I wouldn't have taken the biographical part so literally.

Point being that yeah, I'd have to agree with you that a lot of the biographical part is likely exaggerated or simply not true.

I've only started reading Ellis recently and so have only read a few of his books, none of them more than once. I can't recall picking up on any notable errors in his books, intentional or otherwise, but I do plan to eventually read his books again, as they are hugely entertaining, fluent, easy reading.

I'm not reading Glamorama at the moment. I bought it recently but have not read it. I've now got all of his books and would love to just read them all one after the other, but I'd rather space them out as he has such a limited discography. Also I read a large variety of different types of books and like to mix it up a lot. I never read the same author 2 books in a row and tend to follow a pattern of fiction, non fiction, fiction, non fiction...and so on.

But yeah, I will be starting on Rules of Attraction later tonight. I look forward to that.

Book to film adaptations are often shit. I'm not really into them. Although after I've read the book (The Informers) I guess I'll dl the movie if it's out. Same with ROA. They're interesting to watch even though they're usually shit and frustrating.

I'd definitely be interested in that new book though.

Also I tried to reply to your pm and it said your inbox was full.

Last edited by noel411; 06-08-2009 at 06:50 AM.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote