View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 06:04 AM   #69
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Fucken devastating. I was rooting for Roddick so badly. The match was his for the taking in the 2nd set tie breaker. I said to myself when he served at 6-5 in the tie breaker, that if he didn't win that point it was over, and sadly I was correct. I was pleased and surprised that he didn't let it completely ruin him though, and ended up winning the 4th and giving himself every chance to take it in the 5th.

It's a real shame. For Roger it's just another of his 15 slams, but for Roddick it will be the closest he ever gets to winning Wimbledon.

Roger is arguably the greatest of all time, but in the last few years he has won a few really important matches only because his opponents got scared of beating him when they got into a winning position...every slam this year actually. Berdych at the Aussie. Haas at the French. And now Roddick at Wimbledon. I guess probably all great champions have gotten through a few close shaves in that manner though.