Thread: Love & Marriage
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 AM   #17
Charles Barry
ORDO AB CHAO

Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms

I think the biggest problem with marriage is the legalities that are involved. Instead of it being about a sacred bond between woman and man, most people just view it as "something to do". If the marriage doesn't work out it's no big deal because they can just go sign some papers for a divorce and they're on to the next relationship. It's sad what marriage and the family has become, especially in the black community.

I think marriage is a wonderful thing, but I will personally never do it in the legal sense. If I tell a woman that she's the one I want to be with, she is wifey as far as I'm concerned. I don't need any paper to confirm that. People need to be more selective in their relationships and make sure they're building something with the right person. Choosing to be with one person is a huge commitment and marriage is something that takes a lot of work and sacrifice. It shouldn't be something that you do haphazardly.

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote