Thread: Galapagos Log
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 01:51 AM   #19
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
these volunteer things are fucking expensive man, but i'd say its worth it for the galapogas. I looked into a marine one in costa rica with duh manatees, but they were charging like $4,000 for like 2 or 3 months. I went travelling for a year instead.
They certainly can be. Some organisations take advantage of their volunteers. This isn't too bad really. About 50 USD a week to stay at the research centre in shared accomodation and apartments in town won't be much more apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
oh yeah i heard the amount of eco tourism on those islands is actually now a big talking point because it might be actually killing the environs there. their talking about stopping the tourism for a while. but its big big business so they probably wont.

It's definitely becoming a significant issue. About 100,000 tourists pass through there every year. It's a tricky situation.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote