Thread: Galapagos Log
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #35
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
A small update (no photos till I get to Galapagos because of the shit net cafe):

I'm Quito till the end of the week (while I wait for residency on Galapagos). I've discovered I have an unhealthy love for plantains and empanadas.

I'm now staying in a house with a woman from the hotel (in one of her kid's bedrooms).
For some reason, it seems middle class Quitenos like to adopt Western names like Grace, Rachel and Matthew (yeah, I just picked those out at random).

2 days ago I saw some guy who had been stabbed in the arm, chasing his assailants through a park. That happened at lunch time in the middle of the city. There is no such thing as a hood here because the whole country is a ghetto (to quote begongo).

I also found out I wasn't the whitest person in South America a few days ago when I encountered a small pack of people who I presume were English. The reflections coming off their faces were blinding.

Aside from that, I've done a bunch of touristy things. I'd prefer to be somewhere in the Amazon right now, frollicking with three-toed sloths.

Quito is great though, but everyone is out to make a buck and some change off tourists (unsurprisingly). Good on them.

SHEM HETEP.
damn, my girl is in Quito for the next two weeks with her mom.. i hope it ain't THAT fuckin dangerous..