View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
When I say Spirit, I say it with the definition that was given in The Qur'an.
Could you please tell me that definition and where to find it in the Quran?

Quote:
I believe we are His Children, in the sense that we are highly favored among all of His creatures. Therefore, I see His caring for us the same way as I see a Parent caring for his or her child. The Christians say this, but as you know, they do not FEEL what they say. I identify with the Christian term, "Father God" whole-heartedly and that's where I stand on it.
Your beliefs are in contradiction of the Quran (the source of 'Islam').

Quran :112 Chapter
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Say: He, Allah is One.
Allah is He on Whom all depend.
He begets not, nor is He begotten;
And none is like Him.

Quote:
It's not like I'm saying we are his BEGOTTEN children.
You did not say that directly, but you did say it indirectly by saying Allah is the father.

Quote:
Do remember the Order of Angels that are called, "Beni Elohim", or, "Sons of God". It's the same for them. They aren't His cradle-born children, however, they serve Him and Him alone and they were obviously worthy of their rank. The real question here is, are we?
Beni Elohim?

This is a phrase that does not come from Islamic sources and has absolutely nothing to do with islam. I do not know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Yes, I still claim to be a child of The Most High, because the people that are being spoken of in the above-mentioned verse, are those who changed the scripture, slew prophets, etc. If you want me to say, "I'm a servant of The Most High", which is an Islamic Statement, then I would take that title as well. Just because I choose to identify with a more personal title as well, doesn't make me wrong. Instead of getting tied up with technicalities that really make no difference when it comes to matters of following The 5 Pillars, I choose to take what makes sense to me and go with it.
You cut and paste beliefs together into one. This is not about a technicality. It is about truth. Words could point to truth or error. Unfortunately, you do not care that the words you use point to error.

Quote:
In The Qur'an, it doesn't state that He created us in His Image. However, in Sunnah, which one, I'll tell you later, it states that Allah said, "I decided that I should be known, so I created man."
Creating man to be known is NOT equivalent to creating man in Allah's image. Again, you just cut and paste beliefs together.

Quote:
What exactly am I talking about? I'm talking about everything that would be considered impossible for a human being to accomplish in terms of metaphysics and quantum theory. Telekinesis, defiance of gravity, etc.
Well, if it's impossible, what is the point in discussing it?

Quote:
Those names mean different things? Maybe in the newer, more technically-impaired world where everything is about minor detail and how a word is used according to who you talk to. Again, I don't bother with such things because I consider it useless. Since you want to talk about Islam, God judges us based on our intentions, and God knows my intention for posting that.
The purpose of communication, is to relay information to others. If you do not care of the words you use which could cause others to get the wrong information, you do not care about truth, and that goes against the Quran.

033.070 O you who believe! be careful of(your duty to) Allah and speak the right word,

^^
Quote:
I don't bother with such things because I consider it useless.
Oh. ok.

Quote:
"We are relfections of Him and His ability." comes from me. My personal insights, experiences, meditations and reflections. That's all I need. You on the other hand....well.....
Ya, don't pass off YOUR BELIEFS as Islamic when they are not.

Quote:
I must say the highlighted statement because that's what I was meant to say. It's part of the reason I'm here.
ok

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote