View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #36
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I ain't never used quantizing either, but y'all are acting the same way white people acted when sampling dominated hip-hop. To me, there ain't no rules in making a beat, the only rule is if you can make it sound cool, do it. fuck all that other bullshit.

to KK, at the end of the day they're right about your drums. They sound generic and the patterns for the first 5 beats on your page sound really similar. Use real drum kits as an analogy; a piccolo snare made by Tama and another made by Ayote are going to sound really close to each other even though they're from different kits. what makes them sound distinct is the way you utilize them and the way you mix them. you can use different kits all day, but that ain't the point, if it sounds the same, it sounds the same, regardless of what kit it's from. either get a bigger variety of drum sounds or mix them so they sound unique, otherwise your beats will sound uninspired.

my mixer and my good pc are fucked, so I can't use hardware or any of the drums I have in my keyboard or anything right now, I've been making all my beats in fruity loops for the past year and a half or so and even on my computer I have folders with thousands of drums sounds that I sampled, personally. It ain't required of a producer to do it that way, buy I'm like fuck it at least my beats won't sound like everybody else's. that's just me personally, do it the way you do it, by all means, I'm just giving you some insight on why so many people would say that shit.