View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #21
Regulas

Regulas crouching tiger
Default A Deeper Understanding

If you took this test several times you will find that there will be two types (sometimes more) that will show as your personality; for instance I am an INFJ but if I take the test 10 times 4 of those tests show my personality as an INTJ which I definately share some similarites with. Because the INFJ shows as the result of the test more often than not it is my "core" personality within the Meyers-Briggs system.

For my fellow INFJ'ers here you should know that while our type represents less than 1% of the human population, it also represents less than .25% of the male population...Pretty fuckin rare. Some of my favorite famous Infj's are, Jerry Sienfeld, Jamie Foxx, Adam Sandler and David mutha-fuckin Chappelle.

Anyway, as interesting and sometimes insightful as the myers briggs system might be, a deeper look at the personalty types will cause many, as I once did, to have even more questions like why aren't all Infj's alike? ,why are some famous enfp's really cool people and why are other's are complete assholes? Unfortuneatly all myers briggs does is touch on 16 personalities and list people who fall into the various types.

The Enneagram system provides answers to these questoins and so much more. The modern version of the enneagram system has refined by Don R. Riso and Russ Hudson.
The origin of the system lies in acient times with various cultures but it's strongest influence comes from the tree of life. That being said it is strongly grounded in modern psychology so it has something for everyone. This is what Mr. Riso has to say about Enneagrams:

"The Enneagram is an invaluable tool for the growth of consciousness in human beings. When the personality types (and the system as a whole) are rightly understood, they help illuminate what is so often unconscious—and therefore hidden—in us. The Enneagram helps turn the light of awareness onto those features of our personality that operate automatically, not only keeping us "asleep," but so often getting us into more trouble, more conflicts, and increasing our suffering and that of others. But, of course, the Enneagram is not automatic, much less magic. In fact, it is not something that can even be all that useful unless we have some degree of awareness, as well as the willingness to work on ourselves with honesty and humility. Given these, however, the Enneagram is one of the great helps available for alleviating human suffering. Through self-observation, we can come to a deeper level of self-awareness and self-realization. Through this process, things can begin to change. Transformation becomes not just an idea, but a reality. When enough individuals begin to change, the world will begin to change."

Here's what wiki says:

The Enneagram of Personality — usually known simply as the Enneagram — is an application of an enneagram geometric figure in relation to various personality issues. The term "enneagram" derives from two Greek words, ennea (nine) and grammos (something written or drawn). The enneagram figure consists of a nine-pointed diagram, usually depicted within a circle.

The Enneagram of Personality is mostly taught and understood as a psychospiritual typology (a model of personality types) [1][2] but is also presented in ways intended to discover and develop higher states of being, essence and enlightenment.[3] Each Enneagram personality type expresses a distinctive and habitual pattern of thinking and emotions. The behavioral characteristics of the personality types are less distinctive. It is claimed that by recognizing their personality pattern a person may be able to use the Enneagram as an effective method for self-understanding and self-development.

Copy link and scroll to the middle of the page and you’ll find the free test that will tell you what your core personality type is (although it goes way deeper than that):
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/di...6.asp?discover

Anyone who wants a deeper understanding of themselves or at least their egos(personalities) should check this out as well as all of the great free info available via google.

Peace.
Regulas is offline   Reply With Quote