View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #25
ArcherPriest
black pope

ArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venoms

obviously you've never battled on stage, i understand this is text so complexity is valued more here than vocally cuz mufuckaz got the time to read thru it n break the shit down.. but if you on stage its strictly shock value.. whatever captures the crowd.. 'n it aint solid writing mechanics that does this.. its solid punchlines. I aint tryna say dont use multies or dumb your shit down.. im jus sayin that these days people focus so much on that shit that it's taken away from what a battle is all about.. there are some that can ballance the two, a small handfull on this site.. but 9 outta ten mufuckas find themselves using lines or words just becuz they rhyme or fit the scheme they're usin.. this takes away from whats bein said by restricting the way your able to convey your thoughts lyrically.. thats why half the battles on this site got a couple decent lines and the rest is a bunch of bullshit filler.. thats also why the battlefield fell the fuck off.. i remember back in the day there would be 5 battles goin at a time.. voting was done in a day.. someone was postin every minute... but like i said, everyone has strayed away from what battles are all about and adopted the same style as the next mufucka.. if you dont want to use punches then set up topic battles.. ive never seen two mufuckas get on stage n hav a god damn vocab contest.. or stand up there seein who can rhyme the most words in the most complex way.. not to take away from that cuz i write like that too.. long before 90% of the posters here.. but too many heads is lettin that take away from basic battle fundamentals.. no wonder this section sucks now.. y yall think all the old heads bounced 'n the new heads never stick around.. dont get me wrong, there's alot of iLL writers on this site, i aint takin nothin away from anyones skills here.. im jus sayin that at LEAST half the verses i see in here belong in the fuckin temple
ArcherPriest is offline   Reply With Quote