View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:16 PM   #32
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom
Default Re: Thoughts on the Confederate flag?

The best-known of all Confederate flags—the battle flag—is often erroneously confused with the national flag of the Confederacy. The battle flag features the cross of St. Andrew (the apostle was martyred by being crucified on an X-shaped cross), and is commonly called the "Southern Cross." A large degree of the Southern population was of Scottish and Scotch-Irish ancestry, and thus familiar with St. Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland. The stars represented the eleven states actually in the Confederacy, plus Kentucky and Missouri. This flag is the flap popularly associated with Robert E. Lee, and is the flag under which he fought.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/Confederate_Flag.htm

**Addition**
Any one who reps it reps the same thing, regardless of the intentions. It's the same as wearing a cross with "Jesus" on it. You can wear it and say, "Well I'm not a christian, I just like the way it looks." Regardless you're repping christianity. Same thing applies to this flag. Personally I rep this flag:

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote