View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

AZ - Not really a fan besides Doe or Die and his features. Can't name anything memorable he's done in the last decade

Canibus - Same as AZ. Never been that big a fan.

DMX - Hasn't been relevant since 05 so I don't think he qualifies

Eminem - Only bad steps he's taken were Encore and Recovery (and some parts of Relapse) imo so he's a contender.

Ghostface Killah - Again, only mis-step he's taken imo were The Wizard of Poetry.

Ill Bill - Very strong contender. Can't name a "bad" album from him in the last decade. Alot of his best material was released in that time frame.

Immortal Technique - Great material but is too inconsistent. If he were to have dropped more material he may have had the title imo.

Jay-Z - my favorite Jay-Z material is from '01 - '07. After that he fell off.

Kanye - Two classic albums halfway thru the decade, one bangin album in '07 and one wack album that can't even be classified as hip hop in '08.

Killah Priest - Not a fan besides Heavy Mental so my opinion on him isn't really relevant.

Lil Wayne - He was good until the Carter III. After that he was wack so he's not a contender imo. His material from '03 - '06 was great though.

MF Doom - One of the strongest discographies of the bunch. One of the top contenders imo.

One Be Lo - Again, have yet to hear something bad from him. Another strong contender.

P.O.S. - Never got into him. Someone put me on cause I hear good things.

R.A. the Rugged Man - To my knowledge he dropped like one album last decade of new material. Legendary Classics was basically re-mastered old shit. Good shit though. Can't be a contender for me though for that reason. One album isn't enough I need more.

Royce da 5'9" - Only solo album of his I have is Street Hop. It's great but I can't say he was top of the decade until I hear more material from him.

Sean Price - Didn't drop new material until about '04-05 (to my knowledge) so I can't really say he's the best of the ENTIRE decade but I will say that he has had an amazing run since Donkey Sean Jr. One of my favorite emcees.

All that being said I think MF Doom takes it imo. Between him and One Be Lo.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote