View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #27
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I hated this album when I first bought it but after a few months of playing it here and there, I'm to the point where I can play it all the way through and love every track

Some thoughts

- Malice kind of dragged the album down a bit. I'm glad he's found the Lord and everything but I'm not listening to Clipse for moral values and insight into personal turmoil. Pusha T is still spittin' cocaine raps on every track and Malice is rappin about Jesus and his new life on half of them. That being said, Malice still has my favorite lines on the album

"I fathered this. If I mislead any kid that's fatherless
That burden's on my soul as long as I exist"

- Pusha T is sounding less like a Thornton brother and more like Kanye as he progresses into his career, but I'm not gonna whine about his voice; he's as sharp as ever.

"Nowadays she can't even face me
I'm sorry for the heartbreak, I promised you Forever My Lady
Jodeci baby, pompous muthafucka, just look what the jewels made me
I'm only finding comfort in knowing you can't replace me"

- Guests: Killa Cam almost completely ruined Popular Demand for me. At least that's what I thought, but after listening to his verse a thousand times to get to Malice's verse, it's kind of grown on me. Kanye's verse on Kinda Like a Big Deal is pretty shitty and out of place, but if you're a mainstream artist and you have a chance to get Ye as a feature for your new album, you're gonna take it. I understand that. Yo Gotti's verse was nice, Ab-Liva killed Never Will It Stop like he kills every Clipse feature.

- Singers: All the singing on this album is very well done. Being a Wu-fan and listening to shit like Allah Real and Suga Bang Bang all day, you forget how talented some singers are on mainstream albums. Case in point, footsteps. That's some autotuned commercial oriented shit, but who's going to deny that it sounds great? Keri Hilson didn't need to be on All Eyes On Me, I actually love that track but her parts were unnecessary. Nicole Hurst sounded great on Counseling, and Pharell always sounds good when he's not rapping.

- Beats: All fire. Every one.

- Direction: I think we all did ourselves a disservice by expecting another Hell Hath No Fury. I love that album and I still want more like it, but it's time to accept that Clipse is heading in another direction musically. As they get more fame, we're gonna hear less records like Grindin' and more like Champion. Nothing to do but embrace it.

Overall I'd give it a soild 8.5/10.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote