View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You should try arranging your themes into some sort of compilation revolving around a theme, period, region or idea, that might help to narrow down the tons of movie themes out there. The ones you selected sound good!

I'm in love with the funky and soulful 70's themes, especially blax and foreign library. The variation of different moods in music they created during this era is interesting. I think you'll like these

Hugo Montenegro - Love Theme From The Godfather is an ill cover of the original!
The 24 Carat Black - 24-Carat Black (Theme)
Theme From M.A.S.H. by Bobby Hutcherson
Rhythm Heritage - Theme from SWAT (probably the funkiest one)
The John Gregory Orchestra - Theme From Swat
Wendy Carlos - A Clockwork Orange Theme is real dark & scary with heavy synths
J.J Johnson - Theme from Cleopatra Jones
Pleasure - Theme For The Moonchild
Willie Hutch - Mother's Theme (Mama)
Isaac Hayes - Shaft, Tough Guys Title Theme
Steve Gray - Theme from the Grandfather
George Benson - Theme From Summer Of 42' was used by Heltah Skeltah
Jimmy Lewis - Theme From Solomon King has some intense violins and rhythm
Dennis Coffey & Luchi de Jesus - Black Belt Jones Theme was a funky cut sampled on LL Cool J's Jingling Baby

my favorite theme of M*A*S*H is by Ahmad Jamal, those rhodes are excellent

King Heroin by The JBs is so mellow and heavenly