7 Golden Vampirez
Join Date: Jul 2009
Rep Power: 0
Known facts and rumors so far, bits marked with a * is a rumor and NOT confirmed.
There ARE going to be spoilers here, so be careful with what you read.
- The game takes place primarily in Skyrim which is in the north of Tamriel, it is not known if we will be able to go to other regions.
- Skyrim contains more than just snow, as seen in screenshots, there are rivers, lakes, waterfalls, forests, etc.
- The game is set 200 years after the events of Oblivion.
- *spoiler* Skyrim is in a state of civil war, which has just erupted in the beginning of the game.
- There are going to be five 'massive' cities in the game world.
- Dungeons are said to be a lot more unique in Skyrim, should be less repetetive.
Attributes and Leveling ~
- 18 Skills in total, this is 3 fewer than Oblivion and 11 fewer than Morrowind.
- New skill 'Enchantment'
- *New skill 'Smithing'
- There is no level cap, however after reaching level 50, it will take a lot longer to gain experience.
- At each level, you get a health upgrade and you can then select if you want to upgrade your Stamina or your Magicka.
- You select perks when you level, just like in Fallout 3/New Vegas, however it is not known how frequent these perks will be able to be selected, or how many there will be.
- *Acrobatics and Athletics has been merged together, so has Mercantile and Speechcraft.
Creatures and NPCs ~
- Known returning creatures are skeletons (however, some believe they aren't actually skeletons), zombies, wolves, horses and elk.
- Confirmed new creatures are trolls, giant spiders, mountain and frost giants, dragons, mammoths and sabretoothed tigers.
- NPC face and body models have been significantly approved.
- NPCs are now more dynamic, and will interact with you more.
- Confirmed weapons are maces, axes, long swords, daggers, bow & arrow.
- There are 85 spells in the game.
- The 'Mysticysm' school of magic has been removed, it's spells have been dispersed to other schools.
- You can perform finishing moves which are unique to the weapon you are using and the creature you are fighting.
- You can dual wield weapons with many different combinations, including left hand spell, right hand weapon.
- You can fight using the shield, however it isn't known to which degree.
- Bethesda has put a lot of time into making the weapons feel real.
- Bow & Arrow is said to 'dominate' the long-distance combat, and are now slower to use, but more powerful.
- They've tried to kill off 'cheap' combat tactics such as backpedaling, when walking backwards you're not fast enough to keep your distance from your opponent and at the same time attack him.
Story & Characters ~
- *spoiler* the player character is believed to be the last remaining Dragonborn, a dragon hunter. The Dragonborn were blessed by the Gods to be able to fight dragons on equal terms.
- *spoiler* the player character has a mentor, a Nord member of the Blades, he is voiced by Max Von Sydow who also narrated the teaser trailer.
- *spoiler* it is believed that the Godlike dragon Alduin, also known as the World-Eater is coming to Skyrim to destroy the world.
- You can now sprint, at the cost of fatigue.
- You can now edit body features.
- Bethesda has hired a lot more voice actors this time to keep the dialogue fresh.
- Each race is going to look more distinct.
- Faces are now more emotive and are more distinguishable.
- There are now more activities to do in the cities, for example smithing, woodcutting and even cooking.
- When engaging in conversation, you no longer zoom in on the character you talk to, nor does it freeze time.
- The NPC's are much more dynamic, for example, if you drop a weapon inside a city, a young boy may pick it up, run after you, and ask if you dropped it.
Another example of the same event is two men find the weapon and then fight over who gets to keep it.
- The Oblivion styled enemy leveling & loot leveling is out, the one in Skyrim is more in the style of Fallout 3, which in turn is more in the style of Morrowind.
- Fast Travel is still in the game.
- 3rd person view has been improved.
- The new Radiant Story feature will tailor the sidequests found in the world to your playing style.
For example, if you've gone around killing a lot of vampires, a woman may approach you in a town, asking you to clear out a cave of Vampires.
The game will then look at your playing history, see which caves you have entired, then select a cave you haven't visited for the quest.The new Radiant Story feature will tailor the sidequests found in the world to your playing style.
- There are kids in the game.
- You can choose to play without the HUD.
-With the new engine, water looks better, trees look better and snow falls dynamically rather than just being a texture on the ground.
- Draw distance greatly increased.
- *Facial hair is now available for customization.