View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #18
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The Eagle permeates so much of our daily lives through symbolism, and I could fill 10 pages with examples, but I think that most people would immediately agree on this, and so Ill skip right over pointing out the obvious.

Instead Id like to focus more on who this Eagle is, and what he means.

Id like to start by looking at the animal. There was a time where, in England, "EAGLE" referred specifically to the Golden Eagle. So, although the Eagle that floods the symbolism in America is supposedly the Bald Eagle, I feel as though the very source of Eagle symbolism comes from the Golden Eagle, starting with Aetos Dios which I will come to later a little further down.

The Eagle is mainly an Old World animal, and only two species appear in North America; the Bald Eagle and the Golden Eagle. The scientific name for the Golden Eagle is Aquila Chrysaetos. (Christ?)

Symbolism is mostly shown through artistic visuals, and for that reason I want to demonstrate how similar, in shape, these two BIRDS OF PREY are;

I know that we are told that its the BALD EAGLE in American symbolism, but based on all the other lies that weve been told, and all the secrets that are kept from us, Im not inclined to take their word for it. Id like to explore the possibility that Eagle symbolism is based on the GOLDEN EAGLE.

Lets start with the gods, shall we? Zeus had an immortal Golden Eagle as a companion. There are a few different versions of the story, but they all agree that the Eagle did exist (and still does). The story goes that there once was a very popular mortal king by the name of Periphas (King of Attica) that was transformed into a Golden Eagle by Zeus. Depending on whose version you believe, the motive ranges from jealousy (of Periphas by Zeus), to a reward.

I dont see how changing a righteous and popular king into an Eagle, subservient to Zeus, can be considered a reward. So, Im intuitively going to go with the version that Zeus was jealous of Perhiphos, and changed him into an Eagle known as Aetos Dios. I do believe that Zeus became fond of this bird and later gave him certain honors, which include giving him a place amongst the stars in the constellation Aquilla.

Another dubious honor bestowed upon Aestos Dios, by Zeus, was to guard the Sacred Sceptre.

The sceptre is such an ancient symbol and still exists to this day. A sceptre is an ornamental staff, and symbolizes ruling monarchy (self proclaimed gods).

At some point the Eagle became sceptre.

Quote:
when Zeus was beginning warfare against the Titani, ie the sons of Titan, brother of Kronos (Saturn), and had sacrificed to Ouranos (Heaven), he saw an eagle fly nearby as a favourable omen for victory. In return for this happy omen, and particularly because it was indeed followed by victory, he put a golden eagle on his war standards and dedicated it as a protection for his valour." - Greek Lyric II Anacreon Frag 505d (from Fulgentius, Mythologies)
Source