View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:43 AM   #3
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah i like "Black Market" for what it is, but with Zawinul and Shorter on board i would have hoped for something a little more progressive. it's been growing on me though, "Night Passage" got too much of the '80s pop synth sound imo, and more plastic drums like alot of music from the '80s.

i listened to their first two albums recently, "Weather Report" (which was very different, more ambient music, more accoustic sounding) and "I Sing The Body Electric" which i gotta say is my favorite album out of the 4 i heard. i love when jazz artists throw some live tracks on to their studio albums. how come jazz artists had íncredible sound on their live performances in the '1970s (and even 1960s) and yet hip-hop artists often have trouble with converting a decent sound to a live record (besides The Roots)?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote