View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
The Daytona 500 was....entertaining, in my opinion. The teamwork was pretty good and fun to watch.

Is pushing the new thing now? I've been watching Nascar since 2006 and this is like the first race where I've seen REAL teamwork. Usually, it's ever man for himself.
You will find "pushing" mainly at Daytona and Talledega. It has a lot to do with the current rules as far as car specifications implemented by Nascar. The way the cars are right now they run faster in 2's than in "lines" like we used to see at the restrictor plate tracks. Pushing can be done only on long straight stretches. If the car in back would try to push the car in front while the driver is turning the wheel, it would spin them out. What you saw Sunday was very tricky. You have to remain as close as possible in the turn without pushing so that you resume the pushing once back on the straight stretch. Yes, it is quite entertaining. I don't know how those guys can do that for 4 hours without wrecking. I mean some of them wreck, but some of them drive 200 mph with cars all around them for 500 miles and don't even have a scratch on their car afterwards. It's simply amazing to me.