View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

come to think about it, "On the Corner" is more similiar to the Herbie Hancock album that preceded "Headhunters" which was called "Sextant". have y'all heard that one? might not be as good as "Headhunters" but still a very good, and very abstract LP. Herbie got a incredible discography based on the albums i've heard so far.

benzo you should check out this Miles album, Hancock plays on it too. i wouldn't say it's a jazz album tho, it's probably the least jazzy album Miles ever did. all the emphasis is on the bottom, he takes the same bass line in and out for over 30 minutes and you still want to hear more of it once it's over lol. my only beef with it is why the hell he didn't put the song "Ife" on there since it was recorded in the same sessions and it's a fucking classic. sometimes i put it on my ipod as track #2 on the album and it works perfect in context.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Last edited by claaa7; 03-02-2011 at 09:14 AM.
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote