View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think its a cool as fuck album. Great follow up to CL2.

First of all the song titles are just crazy as fuck haha - Last Train to Scotland? Chop Chop Ninja? Butter Knives? Ferry Boat Killaz? Molasses? Damn son! Rae's still giving lessons in that.

Intro to Rich and Black is crazy, and even though this track doesnt live up to the ridiculous high standards of Nas/Rae collabos (the beat on the end of the song is far better than the actual one), Rae keeps up his record of getting the better of Nas when he's on the same track as him. (IMO).

"Bolivian connects restless, Chef ambidextrous" haha

Molasses carries faint memories of Ironman, and all the guest spots on this album were dope.

I wish Rae would make his hooks more obviously seperate from his verses like he used to though. Like on Molasses, he has a sick hook, but it doesnt stand out much because he doesnt change anything about his voice when speaking it.

Crane Style is creeping up on me the most right now. That beats crazy.

The sequencing of the album is off to me though - I wouldve put Masters Of Our Fate near the beggining, same with The Scroll. Rock N Roll just seems weird as fuck on this album, and putting it right in the middle, makes things even weirder. From The Hills shouldve also been closer to the start of the album. Coming in at track 10 just doesnt make sense for this song.

Ferry Boat Killaz and The Scroll just tell me Rae's next move needs to be an Alc/Ev album. Evidence slow flow would also blend real nice with Rae right now too.

(out of 5)

Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 03-07-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Ghost In The 'Lac is offline   Reply With Quote