View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
nah, the fourth was a transition book. he needed to wrote that book, so that ADWD fits. I liked it more than the first, cuz it has a lot of details, like when Brienne sees the Hound without knowing it's him..
I hated all those instances of characters running into each other and not knowing it. It happened two or three times at least, and never contributed to anything at all. Same thing with all the nicknames and the copious amount of descriptions. Additionally, the fact that

spoiler

all of Cersei's actions are driven by a prophecy delivered to her years ago was corny. I don't even remember all the other shit I hated about this book. Um... how about that huge subplot with that lady who has Cersei's kids, which basically ends at a perfect point for us to meet the character for the first time. The Iron Islands stuff was good, I remember.

Anyway, book 5 is supposedly coming out - for real - this summer. Hopefully it'll be good.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote