View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #38
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

My main problem with the Revolution of Patience is pretty similar to what Wooz was saying earlier about the revolution needing to start in the tangible world with a person and their actions, not singular beliefs. This person would have to work incredibly hard to be able to alter the mindsets of so many different people, but let's say he/she managed to convert 80 percent of the population. That's a fuckin lot. Would the world really be a better off place, though? That other 20 percent would have an insane amount of power, and you already know at least one of them would try to do their tyrant thing and attempt massive takeover. Bombings, shootings, etc. would occur, and the only way to respond to this would be a) accept it or b) respond in kind. A would lead to death/enslavement/whatever the tyrant had in mind; B would lead to de-revolutionizing the revolution. I guess this pretty much reinstates OP's thought that it's time to throw in the towel, although I'm not sure I agree with his method. We do need to find a new way, but it's honestly beyond my reasoning to figure out what that 'something' might be.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote