View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #14
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

went and copped On the Corner... it's certainly a unique Miles album on par with some of his other shit. i know that this is one of those albums that will take repeated listens to grasp, but based on the few spins i've given it so far...

i gotta give it to Headhunters by a good margin. maybe it's because i burned myself out on Bitches Brew years ago but i just didn't hear alot that i haven't heard before from him. it doesn't take away from the album, i guess my expectations were a little too high. the african rhythms are cool but the heavy funk on Headhunters is just more my style. also, Headhunters covers much more ground as a album where OTC is pretty much just one feel throughout.

btw- i got to see Herbie live about two years ago and it was FUCKING MINDBLOWING! the most absract, atmospheric shit i've ever heard in my life. the drummer didn't play a downbeat for two hours! a few people were even leaving early because they came expecting Headhunters and couldn't grasp what they were hearing. Herbie every bit as genious as Miles, believe that.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote