Thread: Stax Of Wax
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #37
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Goodwill might be an obvious choice if you have older family who used to take you to flea markets on the weekend when you were a child.

I choose/observe the type of person selling me the records and the location. I've come across some very nice people but also some bitter or strange people when buying records. I try to get a sense of the place using those factors before I get comfortable shopping.

I like stopping at used bookstores lately or the few specialized stores left like Big City, I used to go to conventions more in the 90's, I hope to do that more this year. The last one I went to was WFMU here in Manhattan where I saw Chairman Mao, Cut Chemist and Kon of Kon & Amir.

I hope to increase my purchases using mail order because I see stores overseas that have gems, but I always like traveling and getting my fingers dusty.

I like Wax Poetics magazine for inspiration on how other people dig

Check out this blog which features photography of the homes of record collectors: http://www.dustandgrooves.com